føur » dinner with the teacher

Mr

Mr. Hemmings and I arrived back at my house. Upon opening the door, the scent of my mother's cooking wafted through the air. Following the scent, I led Mr. Hemmings to the kitchen to introduce him to my mother.

"Mom?" I called out, seeing as her back was towards us.

She turned around and wiped her hands on a towel before extending one towards my teacher. "You must be Mr. Hemmings. I'm Karen." She smiled.

"Please call me Luke," Mr. Hemmings shook my mother's hand and smiled politely. "It's nice to meet you."

"Please take a seat. I just have to bring the food to the table," mom instructed Mr. Hemmings. "And Blake, go get your brother." I nodded and went to search for Michael. He was probably in his room playing video games.

My assumptions proved to be correct when I opened his door.

"Hey, dinner's done," I informed the colorful haired boy.

He turned off his game console and followed me downstairs to the kitchen. We both took our seats, Michael sitting next to mom and me across from him next to Mr. Hemmings.

"I hope you like spaghetti, Luke. It's a favorite in our house," my mom said.

"It just so happens to be one of mine as well," he sent his million dollar smile at my mom.

"Where's dad?" Michael asked as he started to scoop out his portion onto a plate.

"He has to work overtime tonight. He won't be back until late," mom explained.

Finally everyone was served and we were able to start eating.

Halfway through the meal I felt a hand on my thigh. It obviously belonged to Mr. Hemmings. I wasn't exactly sure what he was planning on doing, but I didn't expect him to just leave his hand rest there without moving it.