But she wouldn't have a clue. 

Jade pulled herself out of his embrace "What happened to Tann?"

"...we don't know where he is..."

She nodded her head "He went back to the Divisions."

"Why didn't you go with him? I mean you went on a trip-"

"He wanted to stay there for a few months"

She'd be the only person allowed to interrupt him without being growled at. 

"Months?" He tightened his hold on her. The thought of her leaving him for such a long time caused his wolf side to suddenly become unstable. 

Jade shut her eyes for a moment "Yeah - I don't blame him, it is where we were raised, our friends and family are there''

Tanner doesn't care about that c*ap! Soren hissed from within his mind. Tanner was the type of guy you'd have nightmares about, so this stuff about him missing home didn't add up "And he just left you? With that explanation he left?"

"We agreed he'd visit me frequently, and keep in contact with you. Before I blacked out he said he'd come back in a week," Jade slowly tried to escape his hold.

Slate only held her firmly, slightly irked at her need to get out "You're staying at the Pack house,"

"What?" this time Jade teared herself out of his grip "I have a house"

He was thoroughly surprised that she managed to get herself out of his arms "You can and will stay here"

Jade got out of bed and stood her ground firmly.

She wore a white singlet and matching shorts causing Slate to push back all the indecent images that assaulted his mind.

With a frown glued to his face, he also got up and walked over to her as she headed towards the door "Where do you think you're going?"

"To my house!" she glared back.

He growled back "I'm not letting you get hurt again!"

Just as she were about to fire back a reply his words echoed through her mind "Slate..." Jade finally took in his state. He had dishevelled hair and looked as if he hadn't been sleeping properly.

Slate genuinely looked worried.

"Jade. Don't go" Slate whispered, not helping the vulnerability that seeped into his tone. 

And she couldn't help herself but to listen to him as if there was a force pushing her towards hime, ushering her to his side. 

* * *

"Be careful with that!"

Pack members walked past her with boxes full of her things. It's been a month since Jade agreed to live in the Pack house mostly because Slate annoyed her every single second.

Her eyes glared daggers in his direction as he sported a wide smile "I told you that I can move my own things."

Slate smirked "Absolutely not"

"But it's my bags!" she complained "Wait! That's fragile!" Jade quickly marched over to a pack member.

Bentley took this opportunity to approach him "Are you gonna tell her about Tanner?"

"Not right now" Slate faltered

Bentley shook her head slightly "Alpha Parker - she has the right to know!"

"And as Alpha, I'm warning you to stop. She's happy - We can't do this to her"

She flinched at his tone "Alpha...she needs to know. You can't hide this from her."

"I can hide whatever I want especially if it's in the best interest of my mate." Slate held a glint in his eyes.

Bentley whimpered slightly before dropping her head in submission. Guilt ate at her, while an overwhelming sense of grief drowned her. Jade needed to know. 

If only she had told her sooner. 

* * *

Jade eyed the men wearily as they carried her luggage "Where are you putting them?"

One of the guys stopped and turned around to face her as the other three continued to walk upstairs.

He looked about the same age as her — for some reason he held a timid atmosphere, which puzzled her subconscious "W-We're just gonna put them in your room, Luna"

She raised an eyebrow "Luna?" She had heard that before. Slate had made sure to educate her in terms of Pack law and Werewolves but couldn't put her finger on where she had read it. Maybe it was someone else's name. The guy's face morphed into one of pure mortification "You must be mistaken, my names Jade. What's yours?"

"Dylan." he said staring at the ground shyly

Jade gave him the best smile she could muster — Dylan stared at her, simply dazed, as his hazel eyes widening "Just make sure to call me Jade and we'll be great friends."

"You want to be friends with m-me?" he replied quietly before returning one of his own small smiles but completely dropped from his face as his eyes moved to something over her shoulder.

At first Jade was confused at why his mood suddenly changed.

She was about to turn around when muscular arms wrapped around her waist making her back hit against someone's hard chest "Excuse-"

"Step away Omega." Slate growled threateningly, rattling not just herself but everyone who heard, to their very core.