Chapter 39

"Are you still upset?" He asks.

"Oh, Sherlock... I am more than just upset... I am so frustrated, sad, and confused... Ask Mrs. Hudson why! She can tell you about all the nights she's woken up because of my screaming. My yelling. My crying. All because of you! Do you know how many times Mrs. Hudson has seen me cry?.. No, you don't because you weren't here. In my book, sorry doesn't cut it. I don't want to hear you apologize because you never mean it! Sherlock, I have suffered from your 'death'. I was depressed. I just wanted to quit everything because I thought I wasn't good enough to keep you living..."

"Oh."

"You wouldn't understand," I mutter.

"It was hard to leave you," he states. "The time I spent away from you- I couldn't stop thinking about you. I wanted to tell you. I wanted to see you. I wanted to kiss you again, Rachelle."

"Sherlock, I was alone. Nobody except Hudson was there for me. In the bed, the empty space next to me, it was cold. In the morning I would wake up expecting you to be there, but then I remembered: you were dead," I whisper.

"But I wasn't," he states.

"To me you were. Sherlock, you were dead," I mumble. He abruptly stands from the sofa. He immediately grabs my face.

"I'm not anymore."

He leans in, almost rushing. I smell his musky scent. I miss the smell of Sherlock. The scent on the side of the bed he use to sleep on has been washed away.

My breath hitches in my throat as he places his lips on mine. I grasp at the back of his neck, pulling his hair. He holds me closer to him, as if he wants more. I moan into the kiss.

"I haven't kissed you in forever," I mutter. He nods. I peck him three times on the lips, then his left cheek leaving lipstick marks over his handsome face. He kisses me back harder as I bring my hands up, brushing over his sharp cheekbones. "Sherlock, did you mean it when you said you love me?"

We part. He looks me in the eye.

"I did," he says. I smile before giving him one little peck.

"Let's get on this case then," I smile before taking his arm and running out of 221B together, and not dead.