Chapter 17*

I close my eyes, knowing exactly where I'm going. I won't be surprised one bit when I step out of the car to see Moriarty. I know he's wanted to speak to me for a while, I just don't understand why he wants to when I'm feeling the post-high clarity. I just sigh before opening my eyes to look down at my watch. I've been in this car for almost five minutes.

When we arrive I'll check the time again to see any possible routes from Baker Street that would be that time. I couldn't have declined the car ride otherwise he would've been livid-- who knows what chaos would unfold. Getting in the car wasn't the most ideal situation, but fuck it. What do I have to lose? I knock on the front window in front of me, and the glass slides open.

"Hello," I start, "Moriarty wants to see me?" I ask already knowing the answer. Of course he does. The driver doesn't respond. I nod before closing the glass myself. "Right," I mumble, leaning back in my seat. He definitely instructed them to not speak to me. I lean towards the window, looking out to see any landmarks I could use to help me learn my location. We're already seven miles away from Baker Street. Then suddenly the car stops. I hear the driver's door open and he gets out. After a short moment, he aggressively opens the door for me. I get out and stand in an old storage area. There are crates and boxes stacked up on the walls as well as some run-down machinery.

"Welcome, Rachelle," I hear before slowly turning around to see Moriarty. I keep my face as plain as possible, not wanting to possibly reveal what I am thinking. This man will be the death of me, I just know it.

"Hello," I greet, leaning on the wall beside me. His amused smirk drops as he sees my collected state, unbothered by the current situation.

"You don't look surprised to see me," he states, clearly annoyed. "Huh."

"Nope," I reply blandly. He steps closer to me in an attempt to be intimidating but it doesn't work. He looks me dead in the eye, inspecting me.

"Are you high?" He asks and I don't answer. He already knows. "That doesn't matter."

"Okay, why did you want me down here?" I ask, suddenly aware that I'm here alone and I left Sherlock at the flat. Sure, he's a grown man capable of handling his own, but when it comes to Moriarty I genuinely worry for Sherlock. I would hate to see something happen to the curly-haired man.

"To warn you." He smiles while clasping his hands together.

"Warn me about what?" I snap, but he doesn't move. His feet are planted on the ground as he looks at me, unaffected by my anger.

"It's on the tip of my tongue... Oh, what is it?" He ponders before abruptly stopping. "The fall is coming, and it's coming fast."

"That doesn't-" I start but he cuts me off. What nonsense is he going on about? What is he referring to?

"Go home, Baines. You're high."

***

I wake up in my bed, curious about how I got there. I hardly remember anything that happened. I remember talking with Moriarty and getting scolded by Sherlock. I shrug off the thought before getting up. I look over at my coat to see it hanging off a chair with my shoes arranged nicely beside it. Someone put those there for me. I smile lightly before crawling out of bed, deciding it's time for a shower. I start the water before stripping down.

***

"Rachelle?" Sherlock yells from outside the bathroom door. I hop out of the shower, finished anyways with my routine. Ringing my hair, I groan as the bright fluorescent lights hit my face. The after-effects from last night make my head spin.