Chapter 33

221B. I stand in front of the mirror in the living room. I'm wearing a professional looking outfit. Near the sofa, Sherlock is buttoning up his own jacket while watching my reflection. Sherlock leads the way downstairs and goes to the front door, then stops and turns to the side to allow me to pass him and reach out towards the door.

"Ready?" I ask.

"Yes." Bracing myself, I open the door. Police officers are trying to hold back the large crowd of journalists who immediately start photographing the pair and calling out questions as the police clear the way and allow the boys through to the waiting police car. I point Sherlock towards the nearest rear door of the car.

"Get in, 'partner'," I instruct. As Sherlock does as instructed, I go around the back and gets in the other side and the car pulls away and races off with its sirens wailing.

***

"Remember..." I drag off.

"Yes," Sherlock replies instantly.

"Remember..." I say insistently.

"Yes," Sherlock replies even more quickly. I look away in frustration.

"Remember what they told you: don't try to be clever," I demand.

"No."

"...and please, just keep it simple and brief," I beg.

"God forbid the star witness at the trial should come across as intelligent," Sherlock replies cockily.

There's a slight pause.

"I'll just be myself," he says again.

"Are you listening to me?!" I yell, irritated. He leans forward before pecking me on the cheek.

"Calm down."

***

TANNOY ANNOUNCEMENT: Crown versus Moriarty – please proceed to Court Ten.

As Sherlock turns off the taps, a woman standing behind him and wearing a deerstalker hat stares at him in awestruck amazement. Her bag slips out of her fingers and drops to the floor.

"You're him," the girl says in awe. Sherlock sees that she's also wearing an  'I ❤️ Sherlock' badge on her jacket.

"Wrong toilet."

"I'm a big fan," the girl says. "Ugh, Rachelle."

"Evidently," Sherlock mumbles as he turns toward her. I send a fake smile in her direction.

"Glad to see I have fans," I note sarcastically.

"I read your cases; follow them all. Sign my shirt, would you?" She asks Sherlock, totally ignoring me. She peels back her jacket to reveal that her blouse is opened quite low and she is showing a lot of cleavage. She offers him a pen which she already has in her hand.

"There are two types of fans," Sherlock concludes as I step closer to him.

"Oh?" The girl asks with a smile.

"'Catch me before I kill again' -Type A ..."

"Uh-huh. What's Type B?" She questions.

"Your bedroom's just a taxi ride away," Sherlock answers. The girl grins, her eyes still locked on his.

"Guess which one I am," she flirts Sherlock runs his eyes down her body just as I do.

Pressure marks
Pocket
Ink