Chapter 15*

"What do you have for me, Lestrade?" I ask, trying to hear over the sad sound that is produced by Sherlock's violin. "Sherlock..." I warn him in an attempt to get him to be quiet.

"What?" He snaps quickly, scratching the last note, clearly annoyed that I'm distracting him. He turns to face me with a blank face.

"I'm trying to talk," I snap, trying to get my point across.

"I'm trying to play," he responds, putting the body of the violin back under his chin. I let out a huff

"Lestrade, keep talking," I say.

"Okay, we have a death-" Lestrade starts.

"A death? Not a murder?" I question. Sherlock stops playing his violin and looks up to me, hearing our conversation.

"Yes, well, we don't really know..."

***

"Sherlock, I know what you're doing," I say noticing him trying to deduce me. He always tries then only frustrates himself when he can't learn about me.

"I know what you're doing as well," he swiftly answers.

"I don't do that... On you at least," I mumble, brushing past him to grab my coat.

"Why not?" He asks, clearly amused with my lies. He steps in front of me, blocking my path to grab my coat.

"I just don't."

"That's a lie," he calls me out, making me begin to feel flustered. He stands, taking one big stride to be standing in front of me. He stares into my eyes, not blinking, and I do the same.

"You're right, it is," I say with the straightest of faces. I don't look away, and I don't blink. I can't show any sign of weakness.

"Then again, why not?" He repeats his question. I don't answer, and he steps away. "I don't need to know.," he shakes his head in dismissal. I push past him and grab my coat off the rack.

"We need to go," I tell him. "We have a case."

"No, you have a case. You go, and inform me when you get back." He sits back down on his chair before grabbing a book.

"Sherlock, you have to come."

"You are fully capable of doing this on your own," He replies as he looks up from the textbook.

"Yes, I know, but it would be helpful if you were to accompany me.," I mutter, hoping to gain his attention.

"It wouldn't be helpful if you can do it by yourself. You don't need me." He says, "You never needed me before."

"Sherlock, I want you," I say and he gives me an odd look making my heart skip. "With me, I mean," I reply quickly.

"Right then, we're off." He abruptly stands from the couch to grab his coat.

***

We pull into Scotland Yard, and I rush out of the cab. Sherlock throws money at the driver as I walk into the building. I walk right past everyone until Donovan steps in front of me.

"Ugh, the freak," Donovan groans at the sight of Sherlock.

"The freak?" I ask, standing up for Sherlock as he stands beside me. 

"Yeah, and you're insane," she says directing her aggression toward me.

"I know! Isn't it great?" I reply with a venomous smile. I step in front of Donovan, my smile not ceasing. Quickly, it vanishes as I stare into Donovan's eyes. "I don't know how to put this nicely, Donovan, so I won't. Mostly because you're an asshole to Sherlock. From now on, if you are saying something to Sherlock or I, it will be something nice or related to work. Got it?" I smile as she stands before me completely awestruck before I trail off. Sherlock falls behind in his walking pace before he catches up.