Chapter 14*

Another sniper drops dead.

"Moriarty, you are stuck," I tell him in my most threatening tone. "No one to protect you anymore," I say as Sherlock steps forward after the cabbie was shot.

Then, in a second, John pulls the trigger.

It feels as if time slows. I lurch to the side, trying to dodge the bullet but it flies into my shoulder. I jerk back from the impact, almost falling to the ground. I look forward, back at John to see Moriarty gone. I blink a few times before jumping at John and wrapping my arms around him.

"I just shot you and you hug me?" John yells out, upset but visibly relieved to see I'm somewhat okay.

"Shut up, John. You knew I would jump," I tell him just as Sherlock speeds over.

"Had it occurred to you-" Sherlock starts but I cut him off.

"Probably," I respond, walking back into 221B with my bloody shoulder. The pain courses through my body-- both my face and my shoulder are now bloodied. I let out a groan at the feeling of the bullet still in my arm.

"Had it occurred to you that we can't stay out of trouble?" Sherlock asks as the door to the flat opens. John walks up first, then myself, then Sherlock last. As John reaches the top step one tick goes off before a small explosion sets off. John flies across the room, smacking his head on the coffee table. Sherlock grabs me right as we slam onto the ground, him on top of me, protecting me. I let out a groan, as Sherlock flips me over.

"Are you okay?" He asks, inspecting me and eyeing up my body.

"Are you alright?" I ask and he nods before jumping up and running to John. I follow suit, stumbling through the room. "John?" I ask as I see him unconscious on the ground.

"John, are you okay?" Sherlock asks but doesn't get a response. He checks his pulse before it all becomes a blur. He yells something to me, but I don't hear him. I start tripping throughout the flat, trying to find my coat. As the pain increases, my vision goes black. Falling to my knees, I let out a gasp for air.

"My cell is in my coat pocket," I spew out, realizing I'm wearing the coat. Sherlock unzips my coat and quickly checks my pockets before finding my phone in my inside pocket. He grabs out my cell before dialing the emergency number.

"There was an explosion on Baker Street, 221B. A man is dying!" Sherlock says into the phone before hanging up. My knees give out and I fall onto my side.

"John, hold still," I say, straight-faced.

"Rachelle-" He starts but soon people are running up the steps.

"Out of the way!" One yells but I can hardly hear it. I watch as they haul John off. Someone grabs me and just as I'm being hauled off I fall unconscious.

***

Noticing my shoulder has been taken care of and my cheek has been mended, I sit up in the hospital bed. Everything comes back into my memory as I realize what has happened. I abruptly jump out of the bed, ignoring the pain that shoots through me.

"Sherlock?" I call out hoping he is somewhere near me. Not finding him anywhere, I head to the receptionist's desk. After catching the woman's attention, I speak up.