Chapter 21- New Years Eve with Risking Deeds

Shion woke up very slowly. He woke up to Nezumi, hugging him gently.  Nezumi was still asleep. Shion decided not to move, Nezumi was keeping him warm. Shion's shirt was back on him, however, he didn't remember how it got there.

He wandered off into his own thoughts while watching Nezumi breathe in and out with his eyes closed. He thought about everything that's happened to him, and how it will all have to end soon.

Nezumi's eyes started to flutter open. Shion smiled at the sight. Nezumi awoke to Shion's smiling face. It was nice for him to wake up to.

"Morning" Nezumi whispered. "Are you okay?" He asked. Shions smile faded, and he nodded, completely lying to him. He wasn't sure if he'll ever be okay again.

But Nezumi's now tighter embrace was helping him a little. His lover wrapped all around him is a good sensation he's never really felt before. At least he would get to feel that before he dies.

They stayed silent for a few minutes, Nezumi very gently stroking though Shion's hair. After a while they decided to get up, and eat breakfast.

...

It's now 11:00pm. Shion, Nezumi, and his parents were all gathered at the couch. They were watching the ball drop, and the little show before it.

Ricky got a little too excited that One Direction was playing, and he pressed down on a remote button switched the station by accident. It was the news.

Ricky quickly changed it back, when Shion stopped him. "Wait a second. Go back" he said. He thought he saw a familiar face.

And indeed he did. Tomas Johnson. Found murdered in his home, stabbed 30 times.

Shions eyes widened in horror. There wasn't even a warning this time. Ricky changed it back, seeing Shion's frightened expression.

"Shion. Are you alright?" Nezumi asked.

"Tomas... I've gotta go back to my house... I gotta see if he left something..." Shion thought.

"Yea... Yea I'm good. I just noticed my phone is almost dead and I left my charger at home. I'll be back" Shion said, standing up.

"You can just use mine" Nezumi offered, standing up too. "No no it's alright." Shion replied, and started to head for the door. He was just about to open it when Nezumi stood right infront of it.

"Who was he?" Nezumi asked. Shion's heart raced. He didn't want to answer.

Shion stared at Nezumi for a while. He was waiting for Nezumi to move, thinking of nothing else since he was in a panicked rush.

Nezumi sighed loudly. "Be back in 20 minutes. Or I swear to god." Nezumi said, stepping aside. Shion quickly walked past him and opened the door. He look back at Nezumi one last time. He knew what he probably had to do, and he had to do it fast.

Nezumi noticed that Shion whispered something, but it was so faint that he couldn't hear it, and he couldn't read his lips. He didn't get a chance to ask what he said, since the door was already shut.