Chapter 13- Dance Away the Words

Shion and Nezumi didn't see each other for 2 weeks. Shion's busy life caught up to him, and they didn't have time to see each other.

But they called every night. They mostly talked about ridiculous stories at work. But in this time, Shion learned a lot about Nezumi.

He learned that Nezumi really loves kids. One night he told him a story that he saw a little boy getting beat up by his father in a grocery store, and he jumped in and punched the guy without thinking. Shion wished he had that much bravery.

Shion also learned that dance pretty much consumed the majority of Nezumi's life. Almost half the stories he told were about the dance competitions he's been too, or simple stories about the school he runs now. His old dance school won their first first place medal when he was 15, and he won first place for his solo that same night. He thought it was one of the best moments of his life. It wasn't because of the medals though, it was because he actually thought he and his team did more than great that night, and it showed.

Nezumi said he didn't realize what it meant to flow as a team. As a whole team, you have to move exactly the same. He didn't understand that until after he met Shion. He didn't explain why, so this left Shion very confused. But he didn't mind that he didn't understand. Maybe someday he will.

It was 11pm. Shion was lying down on his back on his bed, his phone lying in his chest. He was waiting for Nezumi to call.

Sometimes the calls wouldn't call till 1:30am. But Shion didn't care. He needed at least the calls. They helped him fall asleep at night.

Shion then heard the ringtone for whenever someone called him go off. Shion picked up his phone, and it was Nezumi. Shion accepted the call, and put it on speaker.

"Hey." Nezumi said. "Hi. Shion replied. "Are you actually free this weekend? It's close to Christmas" Nezumi asked. Shion looked at his scheduele. School was out for the next 2 weeks, so Shion could space out the time that he did his homework. Besides work, Shion was indeed free this weekend.

"Yea. I'm free at 11 " Shion replied. He pushed the time an hour back. His shif is usually over at 10, but Saturday's are crazy busy, and he always ends up working until the crowd dies down, which can vary.

"What's up?" Shion asked. "Meet me at the dance studio at 2 tomorrow." Nezumi said. Then he hung up.

That was the shortest call he's gotten these 2 weeks. He didn't mind, at least it was something. Luckily, he remembered the name of the dance studio, and typed it in his notes app before he forgot.

Shion the turned off his phone, plugged it into the charger, and slowly fell asleep.

...

Shion was almost at the dance studio. He changed into a plain red Tshirt and the same sweatpants he wore the first time he went there. He was running a few minutes late. He hoped Nezumi could wait just 5 minutes.

Shion parked his car next to Nezumi's, and got out of his car. He closed the door, and headed inside to the studio. When Shion stepped in, he saw Nezumi through the open doors. He was standing in the middle of the room, doing a bunch of turns, picking his right leg up to the right side for a short while, then quickly swinging it around himself, and he just repeated this motion with ease. He looked so focused, and so elegant at the same time. It was a pretty sight.

Shion took off his shoes and placed them under the coat rack. He wore his fuzzy socks today. Regular socks were a little too slippery. He didn't bring a coat, so he just slowly walked to the dance area. Shion was standing at the shelf when Nezumi finally noticed him. Nezumi stopped turning, and looked at Shion. "Hey!" He said.