Chapter 3- Strange Coincidences

Shion plopped into his bed, back facing the ceiling. He was so tired. He didn't even bother to change out of his uniform or check the time...

...

Shion awoke. He realised how late it might be, and he jolted out of bed and panicked, he then picked up his alarm and looked at the time.

5:08 am.

He'll be late to work, but that's alright since he's never late. This would be the first time ever. He sprinted to to kitchen and grabbed his bag and wallet and keys, and since everything else was already on him, he sprinted out the door. He skipped breakfast.

...

Shion bursted the Jade Coffee Shop's doors open. Everyone was busy working, preparing the coffee and setting up the tables. Thank god he's only working till 10:30 today.

"I'm so sorry I'm late" Shion said. "I overslept."

"I can see that. Hurry up and get to work." His manager replied. Shion went strait to work, restocking the bagels and donuts.

...

Shion got a glimpse of the time. 8:03. "Only 2 1/2 more hours" he thought to himself. This is when the amount of customers starts to die down. At least, the amount if customers who actually enter the store die down, the drive through is always busy. Shion hates the drive through.

It was quiet for a little, then at 8:13 am, a customer walked through the doors, and Shion instantly recognized him.

Nezumi.

Shion was in disbelief. Nezumi wasn't in his work clothes. He was in a light green shirt, with a normal sized black coat, and a dark gray scarf. He wore white jeans that were a little faded as well. Shion isn't the  the only one at the cash register right now, so no one else can take his order. Shions hands instantly shook. Nezumi spotted him, and he instantly smiled. "He smiles a fuckload" Shion thought

"Hey man!" He said, excited, and he walked over to the register. Shion spotted Maria staring at him. But he looked over at Nezumi instead. "I never expected to see you here, out of all the coffee shops I wanted to try out!" Nezumi said. Shion was extremely nervous. He felt the tight grip on his heart again. But God his smile is so damn cute...

"Yea. What a coincidence! What can I get for you?" Shion asked, ready to punch in the letters and numbers quickly.

"Let's see... I'd like... A medium iced caramel swirl coffee with extra cream and regular sugar..."

Shions hands were slower than normal. He's still shaking out of nerves. He couldn't understand why...

"And... An egg ham and cheese on an everything bagel." Nezumi finished.

Shion finished entering the numbers. "Is that all?" Shion asked. He started to hear ringing in his ears. What the hell?

"Yea." Nezumi said. "That'll be $4.98" Shion replied. "Damn that's cheap!" Nezumi said, and laughed, handing Shion $5 in cash. Shion took the money...

His mother... Those screams brought terrible ringing in his ears...

Shion opened the register and took out 2 pennies. "Here's your change. Your order will be ready shortly." Shion replied quickly. He then went strait to work and prepared his order.

Nezumi waited patiently, staring at Shion the whole time. "Damn Shion, you look so hot when you're working..." He thought, when he suddenly realized Shion walked over to him and handed him his order.

"Thank you" Nezumi replied, taking the food and coffee. "Shion."

"Yea?" Shion asked. Nezumi then whispered in his ear-

"Come back to the bar tonight."

Shion nodded, and Nezumi smiled. Just as Nezumi opened the door, he heard a shout of pain. He then tuned back to see Shion on the ground, holding onto his ears tightly. He ran as fast as he could to him and dropped his sandwich in the process.