Chapter 16- Christmas Eve, Pt2

Shion opened his bag and pulled out a black Tshirt and black sweatpants. He thought about going into the bathroom to change for a moment. "But no ones in here... I'll just do it quick" Shion thought. He turned his back away from the door and took off his jeans and slipped on his sweatpants. He then unbuttoned his shirt. He set it aside, and started to put on the other one. His heart rate increase.

"Woah... That scar is on you back too?" Nezumi asked. Shion turned around quickly and faced him, starting to panic. He then realized his chest was exposed, so he quickly hunched over and held his shirt over his chest, looking at the ground. He felt his face turn bright red.

"S-sorry" Shion said, frozen. Nezumi laughed a little. He then leaned against the door frame, still looking at him. He crossed his arms. "How did that scar get there? It looks... Almost too precise" Nezumi asked.

The burning fire....

"I'd... Rather no say" Shion said, still looking down. Still frozen. Nezumi sighed. "Why not?" He asked.

Shion looked up at him. "It.... It's a long story" Shion replied, and then he looked down again.

"Could this relate to that event? Should I even ask? Do I even want to know?" Nezumi thought. It was silent for a little while. Nezumi thought about what to say to him. To ask again? To change the subject? To give him a little more information about himself?...

"You know Shion. I was completely different until the moment you stepped into that bar" Nezumi finally decided to say, breaking the silence.

Shion looked up, confused. He was still holding his shirt over his chest.

"I used to be practically emotionless. Even when I met Aaron, and especially after his passing. He would always blabber to me about his past, and I would alway tell him to shut up and move on. I would tell him to get over all of it. That that was then and this is now"

Nezumi paused of a moment and walked over to Shion. Shion stood motionless the entire time, still confused. "What?... Why are you telling me this?" Shion thought. He's standing strait now, still holding the shirt. When Nezumi was about a foot away from him, he continued. "I still partially believe in that. That you should let go of all the shitty things that have happened. But I see now that that can be really tough for some people. I see now that the only way that they can let go is for someone to help them out, someone to care about them. Someone to lead them out of the darkness. And even when you think you've finally let go, the past will always be a part of you. You will be changed because of it. But once you've mostly let go, it will just be a thing that comes back once in a while."

Nezumi then walked up to Shion, and hugged him. Shion was still dazed and confused. "What is he saying?...Why now?" He thought. He wasn't hugging back. He didn't know what to do.

"Shion. Thank you for making me a better person. Thanks for teaching me to care about the weak a little more. I see now that they still have so much potential to get stronger." Nezumi continued, holding Shion tightly. Nezumi closed his eyes, and hung his head down onto Shion's shoulder. He felt his warm body despite it being cold in the room against his own. And he couldn't get enough of it.

Shion decided to hug back. He was more gentle. His bare chest was now against Nezumi's. He didn't mind, since Nezumi wasn't looking there. He kept his eyes open.

They hugged silently for a while. Shion thought about telling Nezumi what happened. He kept going back and forth between 2 thoughts. He thought telling Nezumi about it would at least give him a little bit of the information he's been asking for. But he still wants to be strong, and he didn't know if being strong was telling him a story like this.