"All Boy's School Survival Guide" for girls Chapter 1

Start from the beginning

"Izzy, please listen to me, i'm in deep shit this time, if you won't help he, i'm sure as hell going to end up in jail!" Jail, jail...wait, what's he talking about, a jail, meaning the place for confining criminals, meaning he did something to break the law, meaning he will have a record...meaning no Ascham House School.

"WHAT! What do you mean you're going to end up in jail?" Aliza shouted.

"Izzy listen to me, I had no way of backing out, plus I was dead drunk, I wouldn't have done it otherwise. I had no way of knowing how things were going to turn out to be. You've got to help me, I can't get a record, Shit! I would never get into the school if the officials found out about this...I-" Alex grumbled, but Aliza cut into his speech.

"What are you talking about Alex, I have no idea what you're saying."

"Last night after I found out I finally got accepted into Ascham, I went out with Gary and the gang to celebrate and had one too many drinks." Aliza could well believe that, Gary, Alex's so called friend was an extremist. Hardly attending school while he hustled drugs to students, "Gary and his gang" were a bunch of hooligans that liked to make trouble if nothing else. "We were at Astley's drinking when the fight broke out between the gang over someone not paying for their drinks. It just got out of hand. I followed Gary to the Men's room when his cigarette butt dropped and it all went up in a boom."

Eyes pooping, Aliza digested all that he told her and as he continued to tell his story, she became even more alarmed. "The whole washroom went up in a blaze and by the time I tried to fly tail like the rest of the gang, the cops and fire trucks were already there. Jimmy the co-owner of Astley's dragged me out of there and took me to his apartment. The thing is, he didn't tell the cops that I was with Gary's gang when the whole thing started. When I woke up this morning, he told me that the police are looking for the boys who started the fight and the fire. I told him I didn't have anything to do with them, but he showed me the security tape from the night before. The tape showed me walking with Gary to the washroom and a few minutes later, you can see smoke and fire coming from the washroom. I tried to tell him again that I wasn't the one who was smoking the cigarette, but he wouldn't listen. He said he's going to give the police the tape if I don't pay for the damages and the reno costs for rebuilding the washroom. I couldn't do anything but agree. I signed a contract saying that I would work for him for 5 months to pay for the damage, otherwise he'll have me put in jail."

Aliza, too shocked to even say anything just gaped at her brother. In all her 18 years of life, and through all the misadventures her brother had put her through, this had got to be the worse. She shook her head out of her musings and opened her mouth, "OhMyGod, OhMyGod, you're never going to be able to go to Ascham, not now, not ever. What's Aunt Hess going to say, OhMyGod, shit! She's going to shred you to pieces once she comes back from Australia."

Her Aunt Hess was going to be in Australia for another year to finish her joint venture with Brin and Alts, the business company she worked in. After her parents death, Aunt Hess had been their sole guardian for the last 9 years now. At the age of 39, she was still a spinster by choice and worked as a CAO in the company and was repositioned in the new Australian branch that had recently opened.

"Izzy, you can't tell Aunt Hess, she'll never have to find out." Alex countered.

"How can she not find out when she's probably got the same email telling her you've been accepted into the school? What will you tell her when she asks why you're not in England by next week?"

"I will be in England next week though Izzy." Alex said smugly.

"Alex, you've lost it! You have to work in Astley's if you don't want to end up with a record, and I'm still not sure if you can actually go to jail for whatever happened in the pub. You can't go out of the country. If Jimmy gives the tape to the police, you can easily get expelled from Ascham and be brought back easily."

In response to her logic Alex explained, "That's the whole beauty of it Izzy, I will be here to to pay Jimmy for the reno's, and I will also be at Ascham at the same time. I won't end up with a record, nor will I have to drop Ascham, thanks to you. All you have to do is, go to Ascham on my behalf!"

"Hah! Sure, since no one will notice that a female is suddenly attending Ascham, which is strictly an all boy's school!" Aliza was practically spitting the sarcasm at Alex. When Alex made no comment to negate what she just said, Aliza's eyes widened even more if that was even possible. "Alex, you can't be thinking that I will go there pretending to be you!"

"Izzy...There's no other way, I can't let the opportunity pass by. Ascham means everything to me, and if I don't get to go, then Aunt Hess will cut short her work and rush back here. You have to do this for me Izzy. It will be easy, just like old times. We don't look that alike up close, but if you cut your hair short and wear my clothes, no one who doesn't know us personally will be able to tell the difference."

Sure enough, although Alex wasn't that tall for a guy, being 5'7, Aliza on the other hand was almost as tall as him. Both their hair was a mahogany shade with deep red highlights that were completely natural and eye's the colour of shinning emeralds. The only slight difference was their lips, where Alex had a thin upper lip, Aliza had full upper and lower lips.

Aliza knew for a fact that many times over during their younger years they had fooled many people pretending to be each other. I mean come on, there are never any twins that don't at least at one point or another trade places, but this is not one of them! She tried to rationalize with her brother,

"Alex, you know I can't pretend to be you for so long a time. I mean, there are things that I just can't hide. Maybe our faces look similar, but seriously, have you never noticed that I have breasts and you don't? Although you can't see it, I also don't have a penis either. I just can't pretend to be you for so long." Thinking she made a lot of sense, she lifted her chin towards her brother to find that he did not look persuaded. Actually, he looked to be thinking quite hard.

After a moment, Alex finally spoke, "Umm...Izzy I know that you have different...ahh...body parts compared to me, but...maybe you can bind your...ahem...breasts, they are not that big to begin with."

Aliza was in an apoplexy, she could not for the life of her say anything for the next few minutes, in which a heavy silence followed. Finally, she snapped out of it and shook her head gravely. Before she could speak Alex continued as though he had never stopped speaking. "Izzy, think about it, if you bind your breasts and cut your hair, no one will know you're a girl, and you only need to do this for five months, after that I will take up my place and you can come back as though nothing happened."

"Alex, that's impossible, what about my studies, and it's not only five months, its FIVE months, meaning 153 days. What's going to happen to my first semester in high school? I have four courses that I still need to take!" Aliza retorted.

"You already took these courses before, the only reason you're even taking them again is so you can have 95% plus average. Izzy, can't you do this for me, you already have a 93.4% average for the early admittance into university, and you're going to be back for the next semester. Please, I am begging you, this is my future on the line, do this for me and I will forever be indebted to you" Alex's final tactic was to pout his face, and water his cat-like eyes in order to make Aliza have guilt pangs.

And now, one week later, here she was, dressed in her brother's loose fitting clothes, with a hard strap binding her "small" breasts as Alex put it, and a short wig on her hair while waiting for Lucien--the guy she was going to share her dorm with. Life for Aliza could not get any worst, just as she was thinking that, the dorm room's door opened and she stood and watched Lucien enter the room.

[CAO stands for: Chief Administrative Officer (this is the position her Aunt Hess holds in her company), note, not to be mistaken for CEO, the Chief Executive Officer.

I did a little research and I found this school called Ascham. It's actually a real school, but in reality it's for boys aged 13 and under, I liked the name and where it was situated, Newcastle, which was perfect for my story (near Scotland) so I used it.]