CH. 2 The Black Prince

This morning I wake up and breathe the air in like I never have before. The atmosphere is very different today. It's not due to this ball or even the marriage. I feel like a very striking presence is in my castle this morning.

"Mi lady?", Jen entered my room with a very shaken up expression.

I look at her curiously. She never acts this way. I approach her slowly and cautiously.

"Jen...?"

"Mi lady you've a very important visitor".

I was even more skeptical now. She never calls me 'mi lady' to my face without laughing at me. I attempt to pull her in my room and she steps back.

"Your parents be out until the ball starts mi lady. So I shall dress you in your ball attire now".

I let her in to dress me. We were in pure silence. She dressed me in a black and white laced dress. It has long black sleeves and opens up at the end, white laced. It had a heart shaped design at the chest and was a big, puffy gown. Jennifer wasn't her usual jovial self and that was very warning to me. I slapped her. She looked at me belligerently as she touched her cheek.

"What the hell Violet!? Don't be a royal bitch now!"

"I'm your friend Jennifer!! What the fuck is going on for you to be acting this way!! I'm worried dammit!!", I yelled as tears streamed down my eyes.

She looked at me more softly now yet just as nervous.

"It's Lord Kyo mi lady...he's here to see you...".

My eyes widened in disbelief. I jumped up ready to run off and see him but she grabbed my arm to stop me.

"J-Jen what-".

"I haven't even done your make up yet mi lady and you're barefoot!".

I looked down embarrassed and let Jen finish her work. My heart was racing. Maybe we will be able to fix things. I doubt it so maybe he's here to congratulate me and tell me he will never forget me. My heart is beating in utter agony and suspense. My mind is rapid and my thoughts are accumulating too fast to keep track. Jen lays her hands on my shoulders and sighs.

"Please be careful mi la- I mean...Violet. Take care of yourself and don't trust him completely. Lord Kyo looked rather off and scary. No wonder he's the black prince".

I looked at Jen and smiled gently.

"I know Lord Kyo won't ever hurt me Jen. I will see you soon. Wish me luck".

I exited my chambers and ran through the corridors and down the stairs into the huge, magnificent dining room.

There he stood. The beautiful, black prince. He was dressed in black and white as well. His presence was unwavering, something you can't shake off. His strong aura was intoxicating. His back was turned and looked out the window at the garden where we'd always play. The moment was transient but felt like a lifetime. My body started heating up and I can feel myself shiver and shake. I had no idea what was happening to my body. The closer I got the stronger it got. I've never felt this way before. It was as if I was enchanted and couldn't break the spell. He finally turned to see me.

Our eyes met and our heart beats became one. Don't ask me how I know. Nothing scientific can prove it but I felt it. In the very core of my being I had known the moment our eyes met we were locked into each other. It felt almost obsessive and I couldn't shake my desires. He smiled at me deviously and approached me. We walked toward each other until we were face to face. Our smiles were poisonous and our thoughts were vulgar. The things we wanted to do to each other were unholy. However, we both managed to control the intense passion in our atmosphere.

"Lady Swan", he greeted as he kissed my knuckles.

"Lord Eden", I greeted him back confidently.

We were both fierce and saw the other as our prey to conquer in love. I've no idea what came over me but I couldn't contain my intense emotions for him. We sat at the table and dined together. We joked around and laughed like the old times. The atmosphere was calmer because of this. We felt like best friends again.

"Lor- U-Um Kyo, how old are you currently?"

"I'm 25 mi lady. And you've turned 18 yesterday correct?"

I blushed and chuckled a bit.

"Yes, I have".

"I've also heard you're getting married today...".

The atmosphere grew silent as I completely remembered that I in fact am getting married today. My heart sank and my expression vanished. I began brooding and I couldn't help the pain in my heart at this moment.

"Yes...that be true".

"He's very lucky Violet...".

I looked up at him with wide eyes. I could see the hurt through his tough exterior. Behind those beautiful ocean blue eyes was a pain unlike any other. My heart broke looking at him. I got up and headed toward the kitchen.

"I'll be back with desserts my lord".

"Why not let the servants serve us?", he questioned quite vexed.

"I want to serve you".

I left him behind with.....

--------------------------------------------------------

...a bright red blush across my face. She tranced me. She left me numb with her words and unfathomable beauty. She most definitely had to be made mine in this instant. My beloved, this is for your own good. As I pour this potent poison into your wine, I know I will capture you now.

----------------------------------------------------------

I returned with two croissants in my hands. I place one in front of him and smile flirtatiously. I've no idea what's coming over me. I sat down and we looked each other in the eyes like we were staring into each other's souls.

"Let's make a toast mi lady".

"To what?", I asked curiously while raising my glass.

"To our love", he replied while clanking our glasses.

Our eyes lit up as we drunk down all of our wine. We drunk it down as if it were each other's deadly poison. He got up and played the violin for me and it was beautiful. It sang with my heart. I got out of my chair and danced. My dress swirled around with me and for once in such a long time; I felt alive again. It felt like an eternity with him. We smiled and laughed together. We danced around the room as I sang and he played. His violin echoed in both of our hearts as he played our song.

Soon after he laid his violin down and danced with me. We were so close that I felt his body heat. I inhaled his indulging scent and smiled. My heart was bursting and the passion was building inside me. Little by little my body went numb and more body grew limp. My eyes were heavy and I was confused. I didn't want this to end. I dropped to the floor but I felt him catch him. I've only my senses of hearing and touch now. Everything was painted black. I felt Kyo's breath on my neck and his hold, tightly on my body. I lay half dead in his arms and he smiles with tears in his eyes.

"I've captured you".