Prologue: My Memories

I'm Violet Swan. I have no memory from before me being 15 due to a carriage accident I was in. The carriage crashed and fell into a deep, large lake. None but me and my most trusted maid, Jennifer came out alive. I wonder what I can't remember that my parents refuse to tell me. It feels as though there's a gap in my heart in which I can't name. I dream of a man with a beautiful, velvet voice. He sings to me and plays the violin very gracefully. We would dance and laugh together. Every night before I wake my dream prince whispers to me as he kisses my knuckles, "Until we meet again".

I know this man is real because I can feel his very presense. My heart beats for him subconsciously and without him by my side I feel empty. It's lonely in the castle since my parents keep me locked up. It seems as though they've become quite over protective after the accident. I've no friends and no lover. No one to spend my time with. I've only my mere solitude.

It's the same schedule everyday almost. I wake. I bathe. I be dressed by Jennifer. I walk with Jennifer watching behind me closely. I draw. I practice violin. I draw again. On good days I'd sneak out into the garden and stare at the beautiful blue sky until it turns orange and rosy, until I see stars. I am locked in this castle against my will; hidden from the whole world.

I, Lady Violet Swan, live a highly mundane life. I dream of the day I meet him. The day I hear him play for me and sing for me. I yearn for him as if he were a potent poison. I dream of the day he captures me.

......................................................................

I dream of her every night for she is my potent poison. I dream of her laugh and her touch. The way the wind blew through her beautiful pink locks of hair. She was my everything. She is...my everything. My beautiful swan who's fallen in a lake and forgotten our love. Your parents have always detested our love. Nonetheless, it never stopped us. We would always sneak out into the garden and watch the blue sky, the sun set in a glorious orange and fuchsia haze, the stars shine but never as bright as your eyes my love. Your beautiful hazel eyes were everything compared to the stars. The way they changed colors enticed me as if it were with emotion. Your beauty was transcending. To dance with you under the velvet moon was our dream and still be mine. You will be mine again my dear. One day you will hear my melodies for you again. You're all I think about. And I refuse to live a life free of my beloved Lady Swan.

I will intoxicate you in a moment of no return. You won't be able to resist my poison. I will drape you over my bed and undress you. Your limp body will tingle as I kiss every part of you. Your small, soft hands pulling on my black locks of hair. Soon after my love...you will be captured.

........................................................................

I jolted up from my bed sweating. My body felt numb yet it throbbed. My senses confused and my sight blurry.

"My lord....where hath you...?"

I pause and try to recollect myself. I rub my eyes almost vigorously and take a long, deep breath. It's still night and the stars shine brightly. I get up and walk toward my balcony. I open the gates and my night gown blows dramatically in the wind. I stare into the infinite and wish to hear my prince play. My heart still racing and my body filled with esctasy. I close my eyes and make a wish.

"Let me hear him play and sing once again...".

I open my eyes and sigh. How silly of me to believe that would work I thought. I drag my feet back to my room and suddenly I hear a violin. It was played ever so gracefully. It felt as if I knew this song. It resonated deeply into my being and I began to sing. I poured my heart into my voice it echoed throughout the night sky. I cried at the beauty of it all as if I was finally truly happy after so long. I looked out into my garden and realized there was a somebody there. It was presumable a man decked in black attire. A prince of the night if you will. My heart stopped. He replicated the man in my dreams. I needed to see him. I needed to know if he were my prince.

I ran through the corridors barefoot and in my night gown. My long pink hair swayed in the light breeze. I snuck out a window since there were guards at the door. Racing my way to the garden the song played. It got louder and louder until it finally stopped. I arrived at a bench I would always sit at to find a single rose and a piece of paper with something written on it. I frown as I realized he left but the sound still lingered in my ear. I inhaled the roses pure, blissful scent. It was intoxicating. I looked over at the letter and it read:

Till next time my love. Happy Birthday.

I blushed and covered my cheeks. Tears started filling up my ears as I realized that the man I loved was real.

"If you're still out there....My Lord...please know...I-".

Suddenly a sharp pain submerged through my skull. My body became numb and I dropped to the floor. Everything went black. Slowly, faint flashbacks entered my mind. I was a little girl laughing with a young boy with black hair who was playing the violin. I kept switching between consciousness and faded memories. I saw guards attend to me and afterwards it was all a blur. I knew that if I died, I'd die a fulfilled 18 year old who heard her lovers song once more.