20. A Waging War

~Jacob~

I rub my thumb across her knuckles and look down at her. She lost a lot of blood, she almost died, I almost lost her. Her skin is still pale, only a few shades lighter, her face seems thinner, but she's healing. Slowly, but still alive, even though her eyes haven't even came close to opening, her heart is still beating. I gently squeeze her hand and her lips slightly twitch into a smile before falling back. I gently smile and brush a strand of hair from her face. She'll be okay. I hope she'll be okay.

"She'll be fine, Jake." Seth's voice says in my head. I roll my eyes and glance back down at the sleeping girl.

• • •

I sigh and stare at the ground, she's been out for 36 hours and 17 minutes.

18 now. None the less, it's been a while. She needs to wake up soon, or she'll die.

19 minutes. She's at least subconscious, she reacts to outside things. She can tell I'm here, she can somewhat hear me. She'll be okay.

20 minutes. My eyes waver over her motionless body. Her fingertips start glowing green and travel up her arms.

21 minutes. The glowing slowly fades, but black veins run up her neck and jaw.

22 minutes. The veins disappear and her skin starts glowing dimly.

• • •

~Jazmine~

I sit up in the bed and slightly turn my head to the side, Jacob stares at the floor. I turn and sit beside him, my hand slipping through his, only it goes through. I can't touch him. I look down at the bed, my body lying motionless. I stand up and my eyes fill with tears. I walk away before a sob escapes me. I fall to my knees and cover my mouth with my hand, tear streaking my face. I hide behind my hands and cry, my body shaking. I look over at the wolf and my body, his hand laced with mine. He shakes his head.

"I'm sorry. I should've gotten there sooner." He whispers. "I love you, Jaz." He kisses my forehead then stands up and walks past me and out of the room. I reach out the grab him but my hand goes through him.

"Jake! Don't!" I yell moving after him. "Jacob!" I stand in front of him and gaze into his eyes. "I love you too."

His eyes soften and he walks through me. I clench my chest and fall to my knees. I feel hollow inside. I yell out in belligerence and the house shakes. I stand up and punch the wall. It leaves a crater that fixes itself. I look at my hand, that isn't injured at all, my leg perfectly healed. I yell again and a few pictures fall. I turn and run out the door. I don't know where I'm going, but I'm running. My feet carry me away from the house. I notice where I'm heading and stay still.

"Poor, sad, little girl." Marie Jeanne sighs standing in the hallway of Forks Highschool. "There's not much you can do you know. I've seen your fate. Try to remember that I was you."

"No. You weren't. I'm not you. I'm different. I never married a hunter, I've only had one boyfriend, my family is dead, I lead the hunters, I fought newborns, I killed my best friend, and I never destroyed a whole village of innocent people. You and I, Marie Jeanne, are two totally different people." I state.