6. Scent

~Jazmine~

"Riley."

I furrow my brows and take my hair out. I fasten the belt around my waist and slip on a pair of flats. I strap my daggers to my leg, under my dress, and grab the keys to my Impala. I walk out of the bedroom and shut the light off.

"Riley!"

I walk out toward the car.

"Where are you going?" Jake asks. I spin around and lightly smile.

"Back to Megan's so I can grab a few things. Where are you going?" I gesture to the helmet in his hand.

"Charlie's, bloodsuckers say they got a scent and whoever it was took one of Bella's shirts." I nod.

"I'll take you over there so you don't have to waste gas. Impala needs run anyways." I state. He smirks and lays his helmet on the porch. He walks toward me and places his hands on my waist.

"Why are you so dressed up?" Jake's brows furrow.

"I dunno." I shrug. "Figured it'd be a nice twist to what I normally wear."

"No daggers?" He asks. I scoff and slip one out. I toss it up and catch it.

"Not a chance." I spin it on my finger before sliding it back into the holster.

"As always." He leans down and our lips meet. "Come on, let's go." He walks around the passenger side and I get in starting the car up. I drive toward the Swan house, the tires gliding across the asphalt with ease.

"Riley!"

A sign passes that read: Missing Riley Byers.

That's Riley? Right?

"Riley."

Of course.

I pull into Charlie's driveway and Jake smiles at me. We quickly kiss.

"I'll be back in about 30. Okay?" I state.

"Yeah." We kiss again.

"I love you."

"I love you too." We kiss yet again before he climbs out and walks toward the door. I pull out and drive toward Megan's.

"Riley. Riley. Riley. Riley. Riley. Victoria! Riley! Army!" I grip the wheel and keep driving. "Ryder! Victoria! Riley! Army! Ryder! Sebastian! Army! Riley! Victoria!" I pull into Megan's and get out of the car throwing the keys in the console. "RILEY!!!"

I run into the house, no one there. I hear a noise and run to my bedroom. The window open and the curtains swaying. My head whips toward the head of my old bed. I run over and pick the dreamcatcher up off of the ground. The string that it was dangling from torn. I glance at the feathers and beads, still okay, the frame work still okay. I can fix the string, no problem. I stand up and lay it gently on my bed. I look toward the closet, both doors ajar. I walk over and look in it. My jacket from Nationals gone. I hear feet racing toward me and pull out a dagger until I get the home feeling. I lower the dagger and Jake looks at me.