3. Mercury

~Jazmine~

I shake my hair out and lace my boots up. I slide on my jacket and strap the daggers to my thigh. I grab my only gun and a pack of bullets. I set the pack on the desk and pull two out. I grab a syringe and infuse a paralytic toxin into the two bullets before loading the gun and walking out of the house. I start off into the woods where Sam told me to meet them, keeping Jacob in the dark about me helping. My feet slightly drag as I come upon the clearing. The wolves not phased yet. They all turn around and I smirk. Jake's face hardens, almost stone.

"Go home Jazmine." Jake orders.

"Nope, besides you guys need something strong enough to actually keep her down. I'm the only one that can do that right now." I state. "That and Sam said to show up. Honestly, you shouldn't have turned down alpha Jacob."

"You're not helping, you'll get hurt. She's after you right now, Bella's still in Florida." Jake shakes his head.

"Well, I'm perfectly fine with being bait, and she won't catch me without being completely paralyzed. So, I think I can protect myself." I nod.

"Jaz, it's too dangerous." He states. I roll my eyes.

"If it's so dangerous then why don't you just leave?" I scoff.

"Fine, you can help." Jake grumbles. Sam nods toward me and I nod. The winds blows and my eyes shine an emerald green. I aim the gun in the direction of the breeze's source.

"On your left! Go!"

I lower the gun and take off. I flip over a tree limb and stick the landing before running again. I make it to the ravine between the two lands and flip into a tree. A flash of red goes by and I aim the gun.

"Nous protégeons cuex qui ne peuvent pas se protéger eux-mêmes." I whisper to myself steadying the gun. I watch the red switch between lands, then back over. I aim the gun between both lands and she jumps. I pull the trigger, but she dodges the bullet. "Dammit."

"Emmett no!" Someone yells as muscle head jumps across after redhead. Paul runs Emmett into the water and I put my focus back on the smirking leech in the tree. I cock the gun and pull the trigger. She dodges the bullet again and smirks wider. I grip the gun in my hands, rage coursing through me. The gun crumbles in my hands and I drop it. My eyes get brighter then they flick down to the wolf and the leech in the water. Both broken up and on their own side. I glance back up through the trees and I jump into another tree eyeing the area that the redhead disappeared into. I glance back at the wolves before bolting off into the trees after the bloodsucker. I jump from tree to tree, making my way deeper into the woods. I land onto the ground and an arrow flies into arm and I yell out. I rip it out and look toward the direction it came from. My eyes glow and I run back home.

• • •

I glance down at my arm and hiss in pain when another piece of silver is pulled out. I look back at Jake who has his hand intertwined with mine. I weakly smile and hiss again when another piece is pulled out. Aunt Mo lightly smiles, knowing she can't help my pain any.

"Last one, kiddo." Uncle Jared states before pulling it out and dropping it into the bowl filled with the pieces and some of my blood. "This is what's gonna hurt." He says grabbing rubbing alcohol.