13. Pain

~Jazmine~

I slowly step onto an old bus and walk down the isle, gripping my daggers and looking at each seat and the floor under them. I twirl my daggers and continue walking through. I hear a creak and spin around just as the doors shut and seal. I hear another and spin back around. Something jump on top of me and snarls in my face. I stab it with my dagger and crawl away before running toward the door. It grabs my leg and I fall onto the ground. I kick my foot up and it stumbles back I limp toward the door until it grabs the back of my neck making me yell out. It throws me on the ground and snarls at me, it's face close to mine. Close enough to tell what it is. I throw it off and climb to my feet before moving toward the door again. I hear something break and I turn to see a seat flying toward my head. I crouch down and it barely misses me. I run to the door and start pushing on it, trying to break it open. It slams me against the door, glass breaking. I yell out and drive a dagger into its side. It falls back and I jump up over the seat and run to the back. I break open the emergency exit door and jump out before it can get any closer. I run away and open the main doors to the school. I run in and run into a random classroom and lock the door before going into a small closet and locking the door and falling onto the floor. I focus on quieting my breaths. I'm bleeding bad, and being chased by a supernatural creature and only having my daggers as weapons. I hear the main door break open and desks flip. I hold my breath and press against the wall. I slowly move toward a door on the other side of the small room and open it before running. My feet pound against the ground as I race through the halls. I hear it chase after and push myself to move faster. I make a sharp turn and continue running for my life. My heart pounds against my chest and my head feels like it could explode. I'm still losing blood like crazy and I don't think I can go much longer. I break through the main doors and take off toward the woods. I jump over logs in my path, but never stop running. My legs ache and I stumble slightly. I force myself to keep going until my whole body crumbles to the ground from exhaustion. My eyes try to close but I force them open. I know that I'm going to die if I let my eyes close. I try to sit up, but I'm too weak. My chest heaves and I hear branches break in the distance. My eyes stricken with fear and I grip my daggers, my bloody knuckles turning white. Two familiar figures appear in the distance and come closer.

"Brooke!?!" Jared yells dropping by my side, another man with him. Jared looks at the man. "Go back and tell them to get the stuff to stitch her up and a hell lot of pain killers." Jared orders. The man nods and runs. My eyes flutter, but I continue to force them open. "Keep your eyes open kiddo." He sweeps hair out of my face then slips the daggers from my hands. He puts them in his pocket and slowly lifts me up. He runs toward the house, my eyes still threaten to close. He gets me to the door and Mo holds it open.

"Get her on the couch." She orders. Jared lays me gently on the couch and Mo moves toward me. "This is going to hurt, but the pain will keep you awake." She states before starting to clean the wounds. I wince at the pain. (OMG Literally 666 words.) Jared sets my daggers down and walks to grab the phone. Mo holds a lighter to the end of a needle before she starts sewing my arm up. I clench my jaw and try to deal with the pain. I grip Kolon's hand and he lightly frowns. "We're almost done, sweetie." Mo states. She finishes off the last stitch and wraps my arm. She wipes dry blood off of my face and I feel it heal. She rolls up my pantsleg and wraps my ankle in ace bandage. "We're gonna try to sit up, now." I nod. Her and Kolon's slowly help me sit up and I grimamce at the pain. Mo hands me a glass and sadly smiles. "Drink it, it'll help with the pain." I take the fluid down and hand her back the glass. The main door opens and Jake runs in to my side.

"What happened?" He asks grabbing my hand.

"I'm fine." I lie.

"Jazmine, what happened?" He asks again.

"It wasn't a werewolf, or Ryder, or even a vampire, but it was big and strong, and hard to slow down." I breathe. He gently squeezes my hand and sighs. "I don't know what the hell it was, but I don't think that it left."

• • •

I wake up in bed, against the wall with the blanket draped over my body. I roll over and sit up slowly. I fling the blanket off and go to stand. I hiss at the pain in my ankle and sit down. So it was all real. Everything had actually happened. I sigh and lay back down and cover up, burying my face into a pillow.

"Are you okay?" Jake asks, I lift my head to see him standing in the doorway.

"I was hoping I was dreaming about everything." I grumble. He smiles and sits beside me. He leans back and I rest my head against his chest. "How long do you think it'll take for me to heal?"

"Not long, it shouldn't at least." He states drawing shapes on my back.

"Do you think it'll heal in time to fight newborns?" I change my question.

"I hope so." He breathes.

"Me too."