2. No Sleep for the Weary

~Jazmine~

Maybe I was kind of on edge about getting back out there, but I did it anyways, because Aunt Mo managed to drag me out there. I was doing somewhat fine without gymnastics, but apparently it'll help with combat skills. So I think I can get away without actually going because I know most of it. Yet still, with everything going on, I manage to catch a day off, ish. Jake is pissed because Bella is going to see her mom for the weekend to get her away from everything that's going on. She wants to be a vampire, so after she graduates, they're turning her. Do I care? Barely. Cullen lied to get her out of town, and went with her. As for everybody else, we've been trying to drive redhead out of here. Jake is staying back with me so I can catch a break from everything. Yet neither of us have been able to let our guard down. Jake is trying to stay alert for redhead, and I'm trying to make sure redhead doesn't hurt Jake. This is our lovely day off that isn't really a day off.

"Is there something bothering you?" Jake asks glancing down at me.

"I could ask you the same." I mumble against his chest.

"Jazmine." He says sternly.

"Jacob." I mock slightly lifting my head. He rolls his eyes, he can't get mad at me, never could.

"What's bothering you?" He asks.

"Tell me what's bothering you first." I say with concern.

"You already know, now tell me before I force it out of you." Jake threats.

"It's the same thing that always bothers me. The same questions that always rack my mind." I sigh resting my head back on his chest. He slides his hand under my chin and slowly lifts my face.

"Well, at least it's just us for now." Jake smiles running a hand up my spine. I smile and roll onto my back staring at the ceiling.

"Yeah, at least it's just us for now." I glance over at him and pat his chest. He grabs my sides and pulls me on top of him. My legs rest on either side of his body, his hands sliding to the bottom of my shirt. I roll my eyes and place my hands on his shoulders, my hair almost hitting his face. He raises an eyebrow to challenge me and I cockily smirk. "You wanna fight?" I hit his chest and climb off standing on the floor. He stands up and crosses his arms.

"Was that a threat?" He questions. I throw a punch and he catches my fist. I swing with the other and he catches it too. I wrap one of my legs around both of his and flip him over my shoulder. I let go of his hands and spin around getting back into a defensive state. He stands up and wraps an arm around my waist throwing my over his shoulder. He drops me on the bed and pins my arms by my head. I wrap my legs around his waist and try to flip us over. It's helpless, he's too strong. I grunt with effort trying to turn the tables. He chuckles and laces his fingers with mine.

"Damn werewolf." I mutter giving in. He continues to chuckle. I blow hot air through my nose. He leans down and presses his lips against mine. Jake pulls back and smirks widely at me. "Why did I have to fall in love with you?" I roll my eyes.

"Science." He replies.

"Well science isn't real." I state.

"Oh shut up, you love me." Jake orders.

"Maybe." I purse my lips. He pulls his hands from mine and his fingers dance against my sides. I start laughing, my face burns.

"St-stop! J-jake! St-stop it!" I yell through the laughter. He holds my face in his hands and smiles.

"Breathe." Jake says. I take a deep breath and close my eyes. I open my eyes and they glow. Jake smiles widely. "I love you."

"I love you too asshole." I mutter. He rolls off and sits up.

"What did you just call me?"

"Asshole." I state matter-of-factly. He chuckles.

"Oh really?" He places a hand on his hip. I push his arm off of his hip and scoff.

"Yes, really. You got a problem with that?" I push on his chest.

"What if I do?" Jake threats. I sit up and cross my arms.

"Then there's nothing you can do about it." I state.

"Actually there is." He smirks grabbing my sides and pulling me closer to me. Our lips meet, I push him against the bed and wrap my arms around his neck deepening the kiss. His hands slide below my waist, someone is feeling brave today. I sit up and aimlessly throw my shirt off. Our lips meet again with more force. We sit up and Jake sheds his shirt. My legs wrap around his waist, his lips against mine almost making forget how to breathe. My hands slide into his hair, his lips planting kisses on my neck, then my shoulder and back up my neck and jawline before reaching my lips again. He stands up and my back hits the wall. I push myself up higher and press my lips against his harder.

• • •

I lay back and stare at the ceiling, my hair dangling over the chair as I run my hand down my face. I sit up and look toward the closet. I slowly walk over and grab my bow and quiver. I slide into my combat boots and glance at the sleeping boy. A smiles ghosts on my face before I scribble down a note on a piece of paper and stick it on the wall where my head normally is. I zip up a jacket and throw my bow and quiver over my shoulder. I leave the bedroom door cracked and slowly walk out of the house. I smirk to myself before trudging off toward Quil's. By the time that I'm across the yard, my eyes glow and my head flicks toward the house. I look over my shoulder before making my way back to the house with an arrow nocked. I slowly let loose the arrow and step inside. I spin around with a dagger in my hand and eyes glowing. Jake jumps back slightly before grabbing my wrist.

"It's just me." He states lowering my arm. I tuck the dagger away and bring my eyes to meet his. "What'd you see?" Jake asks.

"I didn't see anything. I just thought I heard something, I guess not." I look over my shoulder toward the door and frown.

"Are you okay?" I turn my head back and nod with a smile.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I catch the glare off of my eyes in his and slightly frown. "I'm fine." I repeat walking past him and putting my things back. I glance out into the trees, a set of red eyes gleaming through the trees.

"Victoria."