5. Under

~Jacob~

(Oh a twist)

She looks at me and sadly smiles. I force a smile then look at the ground.

"Jake, you know that I wouldn't do this unless I had no other choice." She states grabbing my hand.

"Jaz, don't." I pull my hand away. Jazmine grabs both my hands and pulls me toward her.

"Jacob, I'll be fine. I promise." Her eyes gaze into mine. She cups my face with her hands and forces our lips together, I don't fight it. We pull back and her eyes glow like emeralds, shining a magnificent green. "I promise." She restates. I glance over her at the tub filled with ice, Kolon pouring the last bag in. I glance back at her, her eyes slowly dimming. We kiss again before she turn and walks toward it.

"Are you sure about this?" Mo asks for at least the millionth time. Jazmine looks at her and nods.

"I don't think you should do this Brooke." Megan states shaking her head.

"I've almost drown completely before, this won't be much different." Jazmine shrugs with sass.

"Ryder was also holding you under." Kolon deadpans. "This time Jared's holding you under."

"I'm still drowning, either way." She sticks her hand in the water and quickly withdraws it. "Holy mother of hell, that's freezing." She gasps.

"It's different than what you thought isn't it?" Jared scoffs.

"Let's just get this over with." She grumbles.

"Want me to go over this again?" Mo asks over all.

"Jared's gonna hold me under until I'm essentially, well, dead. My heart will still be beating just extremely slow, but I can survive because of what I am and it's easier to live with a fatally slow heartbeat." Jazmine explains before nodding and practically jumping into the ice water. Her eyes glow as soon as she hits the water, she bites her lip before taking a deep breath.

"Damn kid, thought that would make it easier?" Jared scoffs.

"I was hoping it would." She seethes. Jared rolls up his sleeves and stands behind her, placing his hands on her shoulder.

"You ready?" Jared asks seriously. Jazmine smiles at me before taking another deep breath. She nods, her eyes still glowing. Jared pushes her under slowly and holds her under. I focus on her heartbeat and listen to it slow.

~Jazmine~

The water settles in and my eyes slowly close, my head feels like it's about to explode. My lungs burn from lack of oxygen then everything goes blank. My vision turns white and I sit up, surrounded by trees, mountain ash trees. I step out and walk toward a tree with the name Christopher etched into it. I go to place my hand on the tree when I hear a loud roar. I look down at my feet, my clothes turned into that of Marie Jeanne the night she had gone after Lé Bête. I look behind me at Sebastian himself and start running away. My feet pound against the snow as he chases after shifting into the beast. I jump over a log and keep running. Sebastian not far behind. I drop the ground and slide grabbing a spear burried in the snow. I hold it up as soon as Sebastian jumps. The blade pierces through his chest and he shifts back, only it isn't Sebastian.