15. Huntress

~Jazmine~

A low growl slips my chest as watch everything from the trees. The plan to keep her out of the way and safe. Why would they even need Jacob? Leechboy can carry her himself. He's perfectly capable of it.

"Your- odor - will mask Bella's scent." Jasper states.

"Dude, you really don't want to start comparing stinks." Jake warns.

"Will you do it?" Edward asks in a more demanding tone. Another growl slips from me, this time louder and gaining attention. I hold my breath and hide behind a bunch of leaves.

"What is it?" She asks. I grip my daggers and my eyes start to glow. I hear the three of them move closer, leaving the girl in the dark. "What is it?" I hear her move closer and roll my eyes hard. I clench my jaw to contain myself and continue listening. They continue coming toward me and I slip the dagger away. I close my eyes to mask the glow and take in a silent breath before holding it and slowing down my heart. "What is it?" She asks again. I roll my eyes again, good thing she's not hiding yet she's way too loud. She'd die withing seconds. I open my eyes and hope they don't start glowing again. I crouch on the limb the I'm standing on and look down. The three boys surround the tree they nod to each other and move to other trees. "What is it?" I roll my eyes again and suppress a groan from annoyance. The three turn and look at the tree that I'm in. I slide back against the tree and close my eyes. I grab my daggers and clench them at my sides. I slowly open my eyes to see the three nod at each other again. "What is it?" I bite my lip to suppress another groan. "Well?" I roll my eyes and glance down at her, arms crossed and a hip cocked out. "Are you going to answer me?" I can't hold it back any longer and I slightly groan annoyed with the girl. All three heads snap in my direction.

"Jazmine, you're supposed to be home." Jake states. I peer down at him.

"I was trying to find Ryder." I state.

"I don't care, you still haven't healed." He says. I roll my eyes and flip out of the top of the 50 foot tree and land.

"Yes, I have." Jake glances at my sides.

"You weren't looking for him, you don't have the pike." He looks me in the eyes.

"Okay, so, maybe I wasn't, but I was looking for something." I state.

"What is that something?" He crosses his arms.

"An animal." I reply.

"What kind of animal?" He asks.

"The kind that I was looking for." I say innocently.

"Jazmine stop lying." He orders.

"I'm serious, I was looking for animal, even if I was close dumbass there scared it off." I wave an arm in her direction. "She wouldn't last a day in the woods." I state changing the subject.

"You followed me, didn't you?" His voice seems bored.

"No." I state fumbling with my fingers.

"Jazmine." Now it's stern. I look into his eyes and leave my hands dangle.

"I did not follow you." I state. He nods.

"Okay, but go home." Jake says. I nod and back away to the tree line before turning around and walking into the woods. I stop when I get a decent distance away and climb a tree.

"So will you do it?"

"I have to stay with Jazmine. Find another person to do it." I smile and jump down before running away. I skid to a stop and the house and walk over to the window. I slide it open and climb through onto the bed. I close the window and roll off the bed onto the floor. I stand up and dust my clothes off. I glance over my shoulder out the window and sit down on the bed. Nothing appeared to be going on in the woods.

"Marie Jeanne Valet wasn't just a huntress. Marie Jeanne Valet wasn't just a girl. Marie Jeanne severed the heads, the heads of many before her." A voice sings in my head. "And now you follow the same destiny. Marie Jeanne knows who you are. Marie Jeanne knows that you won't be too far. Marie Jeanne has seen your fate. Change it now, before you're too late." My eyes start to glow and my hands start to glow green, the color travels up to my elbows and my veins begin to turn black. "Marie Jeanne has done many things, many things Marie Jeanne has done. Watch the clock count its way down, before bête destroys the whole town. Destroy him fast and spare a few lives, or come to see your own demise." My hair gets darker and the skin beneath my shirt starts glowing green, the veins spreading too. The door opens and I look up at Jake, who seems confused and worried.

"Jazmine? What are you doing?" He asks calmly approaching me.

"I don't know. I don't have control over this." I shake my head and look down at my trembling hands.

"Nous protégeons cuex qui ne peuvent pas se protéger eux-mêmes."

"Jazmine, look at me." I look up at him instead of my hands, he's a lot closer than he was. Our eyes meet and the glowing stops, but the veins slowly pulse. He grabs my hands, but his eyes never leave mine. "Focus on me, try to think of anything but control." I manage a nod and glance over his shoulder and a green glare off the wall shines back at me.

"C'est a toi."

My heart starts to beat faster and the veins start traveling faster.

"Focus on me Jazmine. Whatever is going on inside of your head, block it out. Focus on me, just me." Jake says. My eyes meet his again and my heart slows down as the veins slowly go away. I take a shakey breath and he lets my hands go. "Are you okay?" He asks cupping the side of my face in his hand.

"To be honest, I have no clue." I state.

"What did you hear?"

"I-I-" I glance over his shoulder, a shadow of pure green against the wall. "Marie Jeanne." I whisper. The green shadow runs away, but it goes out the window and trails through the woods.

"Don't say you didn't have a warning."