8. Legend

~Jazmine~

I close my eyes and slam myself against the wall before sliding down it and running a hand through my hair. I open my eyes and slowly exhale. I clench my fists and slam them against the floor. My chest heaves and I close my eyes again. They force themselves open and they shine green. I scream out of anger and stand up before punching another hole in the wall. I put my hands against the wall and take a deep breath. My eyes glow again and I punch the wall, leaving yet another hole. I turn and punch the door, my fist traveling through, my arm up to my elbow through it as well. I jerk my arm out and kick the door down. I yell again this time kicking the wall. I run downstairs and out the door. I start up the Impala and speed off. My hands constrict on the wheel and clutch. I pull into Sam's driveway and Embry walks out looking at me questionably. I slam my door shut and his eyebrows raise.

"Hey, Jazmine, take a nice deep breath for me." He says slowly approaching. My chest still heaves as I try to slow my breathing. I take a deep breath and he nods. "What's going on?" Embry asks getting closer.

"It just started. Random bursts of anger, and I don't know what's going on." I state rushed.

"Isn't that normal for hunters?" He asks. I half nod and look at the ground.

"Where's Jake?" I ask looking up.

"He went to get Bella, he'll be back soon." Embry replies. My eyes subconsciously roll.

"Oh, her." I sneer. He lightly chuckles.

"Not a fan, I take it?" He chuckles.

"Devoted." I reply sarcastically.

"Why? If you don't mind telling me." He folds his arms.

"A.) She wants to be a bloodsucking demon of hell. B.) I don't like the fact that she's always near Jake. C.) She likes to play damsel in distress. Which I hate. D.) She has a bland lack of respect for mortality." I tick off a few fingers. "That's not even half of it, but you get the point. There aren't enough letters in the alphabet for my list." He raises his eyebrows.

"You must really not like her." He smirks. I cross my arms and glance at my car. I turn my head to the other side and watch the Rabbit pull in. Embry steps toward me so he doesn't get hit when Jake gets closer. The car parks beside mine and Jake climbs out of the car. He smiles at me.

"Ditching training?" He quirks. I lightly smirk.

"Not entirely." I reply. He walks to my side and envelopes me into a hug. I slightly pull back and we kiss. "I won't be here long. Jared is trying to slow Gerard down to buy me time to work with control. Which gives me about two hours, four if we're lucky." I gently shrug.

"What do you mean?" He asks.

"I mean, we don't have long because Gerard is pretty hard to fool." I state.

"Sebastian. Ryder." My eyes glow and my head turns toward the woods. "Christopher."

My heart skips a beat and I pull out of Jake's grasp. I pop my trunk open and grab a cloak and my bow with it's quiver.

"Jaz? What's wrong?" Jake asks. My head snaps back to the woods.

"Ryder."

"Lé Bête." I whisper. The three furrow their brows as I nock and arrow.

"Jazmine?" Jacob steps forward.

"I'll be back." I quickly kiss his cheek and run off into the woods. I draw it back and release. A distinct injured howl from lé bête sends a smile across my face. It comes at me and I shoot another arrow. It turns and runs away, slowly shifting back. "Bye Ryder." I scoff walking back toward Jake's.

• • •

I lay down and close my eyes. I feel the bed dip down and I open my eyes.

"Did Gerard actually agree to let you stay?" Jake asks leaning back, his head resting on my stomach.

"Yeah, he did." I reply running my hand through his hair.

"So I'll have to myself until I have to get Bella from school?" He quirks. I smirk.

"Hell yeah." I state. He sits up and pulls me toward him. We kiss and I smile against his lips.

• • •

I glance at the flame in the backyard before tuning back in to the conversation.

"Woah! Jaz did you actually see it!?!" Seth exclaims.

"No dumbass I just randomly fired an arrow and hit it." I deadpan.

"Is it big? What color? What does it look like?" He continues.

"It looks like a beast, there's the answer to all 3 questions. I just have to worry about finding him before I do anything else." I state.

"Why?" Quil asks.

"It gets stronger every time it shifts, and something tells me that Christopher is back and teaching Ryder how to shift. What they don't know is if he gets to strong, Sebastian will take over, meaning Marie Jeanne takes over me and 17th century France returns for another century." I reply. "Which is why I'm trying to find him so I can kill him now."

"Kill?" Bella gapes.

"Yeah smart one as in murder, or slaughter, or hunt. As in I'm going rip his head off and burn him." I smirk, her eyes widen even more. "Oh and that's showing mercy, a lot of mercy." My eyes glow and my head flicks toward the woods. I low animalistic growl slips my throat and I grab my bow from the Impala. I draw back an arrow and watch the tree line. "Allons Lé Bête!!!" I yell. A dark figure flies through the trees and I release the arrow. I hear a wounded howl and grab another arrow. "Allons!!!" It runs deep er into the woods and I start running for it.

"Jazmine don't!" Jake yells catching my attention. I flick my head over my shoulder.

"Jacob I have to do it as soon as possible, or I don't exist anymore. There aren't any banshees to bring me back." I state before running again.

I flip up into a tree and run through the trees. I catch up with lé bête and nock an arrow, still running after it. I speed up and get ahead of it. I flip down and land in front of him. I pull the arrow back full strength and release it into it's chest. I roar in my face and I return the favor, my eyes getting brighter. It goes to scratch me but I push the arrow deeper and flip back. It goes in again and I fire another arrow. It howls in pain and I smirk. It smacks me back twenty feet and I climb to my feet. I jump up into a tree and jump down onto with my daggers. It throws me off, I roll on the ground daggers in hand. I twirl them and snarl. Lé Bête turns and roars. I run the dagger into it's chest and pull it and the arrows out. He throws me into the top of a tree and everything goes blank...