12. Jacob

~Jazmine~

I mutter a few things to myself before climbing into my car, laying my weapons in the backseat. I take a deep breath and start up the Impala before slowly pulling out of the driveway. I drive slower than normal, following the speed limit for once, and brace myself for the worst. My hands slide along the wheel as I drive down the narrow road to my destination. My heart pounds against my chest and my head throbs. Sweat covers my palms and it gets hard to hold onto the steering wheel. I suck in a desperate breath and my vision blurs. I jerk the wheel to the side and pull off of the road. I shut the car off and take off my seatbelt. I bring my knees to my chest and wrap my arms around them, still sucking in rigid breaths. My phones starts ringing and a shaking hand hits speaker and takes the call.

"Jake." I manage to get out between breaths.

"Jazmine!?! What's wrong!?!" His voice floats through. I suck in another breath and run a hand through my hair. "Jazmine!?!"

"I-I don't know." I glance around.

"I'm coming to get you, just focus on breathing." He states.

"Okay." I stare at the floorboard and take a deep breath.

"I love you, Jaz." Jake says.

"I love you too." I speak fast before sucking in another breath.

"Just breathe, I'm almost there."

I take a few more deep breaths, yet my body continues to shake and my palms remain sweaty. I wipe my palms on my jeans and look up from the floor. I hear the line disconnect and I turn my phone off before undoing my seatbelt. My chest continues to heave and I force in another breath, the air not able to get to my lungs. I take off my jacket and run my hands through my hair again. My hands shake more and I grip my ankles tightly. I close my eyes and take in a deep breath, but it still doesn't seem to be doing me any justice. I hear footsteps and slightly raise my head. The car door opens and I catch a glimpse of russet skin.

"Hey, it's okay. Take a deep breath." Jake says sliding my hands away from my ankles and into his own. I take a deep breath and bring my eyes to meet his. He runs his hand through my hair and sadly smiles. My legs slowly slide away from my chest and I take in another deep breath. "Come on." He picks me up and carries me to the other side of the car. He opens the door and sets me down before laying the top of the seat back. I run my hands through my hair and he closes the door before walking around and getting into driver's side. One of his hands rests on my thigh as his eyes make their way to mine. I force a smile and continue taking deep breaths. "I love you." He states.

"I love you too." I say. His hand leaves my thigh and he starts the car before pulling back onto the road. The Impala soars down the narrow stretch of road as he drives us home, glancing at me every few seconds. He pulls onto his driveway and glances back at me again. I smile and sit the seat upright. He pulls up beside the house and shuts the car off before tossing me the keys. "Where's your dad?" I ask.

"Him and Charlie went fishing." Jake replies getting out and shutting his door. I undo my seatbelt and he opens my door. I go to step out but he sweeps me off of my feet and closes the door. I smile at him and wrap my arms loosely around his neck and rest my head on his shoulders. His heat radiates through me as we go inside. I dig my nose into the crook of his neck. He smirks devilishly before throwing me down onto the bed. My body bounces a few times before I stay rooted on the bed. We both chuckle and he slams down beside me. I crawl on top of him, my legs on either side of him, sitting on his stomach. Our fingers lace together and I smile. He sits up and places his hands on my waist and my fingers slide up into his hair. Our lips meet and I pull him closer, if it's even possible. His grip gets stronger as the kisses deepen. We slowly roll over and his hands slide lower, but his grip stays the same strength. I tug on the bottom of Jacob's shirt and he sits up and throws it off. My hand runs up his chest before snaking around his neck and pulling him back down. Our lips collide and his hands go to my hips along with a strong grip. We roll over and his hands slide under my shirt. I throw my shirt off before connecting our lips again. Our lips move in sync, kisses powerful and strong.

• • •

I nuzzle up against his chest and inhale his scent. His arm snakes around me, keeping me against his body. I slowly open my eyes and look up at him. He smiles down at me and rubs my back gently. We lightly kiss and pull back. I rest my head on his chest and smile to myself. I close my eyes and start to drift off.