19. Bitch

~Jazmine~

My eyes waver over many hunters wanting to know what we're going to do next. I take a deep breath.

"I don't know if there could really be another supernatural presence in this damn town, but if there is we'll find it. As of now, take a few days off. We all need it, and lay low just in case there is another supernatural. Whatever you do- just survive, stay alive. Even if it means killing, stay alive. After everything just in these couple weeks, keep yourself alive, I'm done just sitting around watching people die. Protect yourself, but don't forget code." I state.

"Oh, sweetie, I'm proud of you." It sounds like Mom.

"We all are." I hear Mo. I spin around and gaze at the picture on the wall, where I heard Mo's voice. I catch her silhouette smile. I slightly smile back, then look at the picture.

"There's a letter behind it, and don't trust Delyla anymore." Uncle Jared says. I walk over and pull the letter out from the picture. I run my fingers over it before opening it.

Jazmine-

You are strong, you have potential. We fear that you will soon no longer have us to guide you. Be careful who you call a friend and watch your back. Not everyone you thought was an ally really was. Just remember, keep your allies close, but your enemies closer.

-Mom, Mo, and Jared

I read the note over and over again.

Keep your allies close, your enemies closer.

Wait... Don't trust Delyla. That little bitch. I crunch the note it one fist and throw it down before grabbing a pistol and hiding it in my jacket. I start moving for the door.

"Where are you going?" Devonté asks.

"To see where loyalties lie." I reply walking out the door and to my car. I dial Delyla, but it goes to voicemail. "Hey there Delyla!" I roll my eyes. "It's Jazmine, I figured I'd come visit before I'm off to France. So yeah, I miss you. See you then." I hang up and turn on my music. I drive down the road, watching carefully. I pull into a hotel, Delyla's car parked in the lot. I smirk and walk into the front desk. I smile. "Delyla Cranberry please." I say to the man running the front desk.

"Name?" He asks boredly.

"Argent." I state.

"Full name, miss." He seems to have done this a million times. Let's change a few things.

"Argent- that's all you should need." I move my jacket to show my gun and a fake badge. He nods vastly, no longer bored.

"R-room 187." He studders. I cover the gun and smile.

"Thank you." I turn and walk toward room 187. I pass the signs, 180, 181, 182, 183, 184, 185, 186, 187. I knock on the door. "Delyla I know you're here!" I call. "I just want to talk!" I hear things moving around. I roll my eyes before breaking down the door. I catch her jumping out the window and I run after her. I flip out the window and land. She runs to her car and speeds off. I get in mine and chase her. I ride her bumper and she looks back at me with fear in her eyes, mine glowing and full of determination. She jerks the wheel sideways and I follow her movement. She slams on her breaks and I do the same, almost smacking into the back of her BMW. She steps out of her car, I do the same, my hand wavering near my gun. She withdraws hers and shoots me in the leg before I can get mine.

"BITCH!!!!" I yell, loading my gun and firing- hitting her dead between the eyes. Her body crumbling to the ground. I hiss at the pain in my leg and sit in the car before taking off my boot. I grab my phone and dial in Devonté's number.

"Jazmine?"

"The bitch shot me, but I killed her. None the less, I'm injured. I'm on Route 48, about 10 miles north from the hotel. Come get me. Bring two others. One to drive your car, and one to drive her car. You're gonna drive my car, and you're going to get me back to the house. Do not call Jacob, and don't tell Mathew. Got it?" I seethe through the pain.

"Got it. I'll be there in five." He says before hanging up. I look over at the lifeless body of my old friend- a true traitor- killed my family. Now she's dead, and she can't hurt anyone else. I press a hand against my wound and hiss in pain. Blood soon covers my hand and my vision dots slightly. I sigh and dial in another number.

"Hey."

"Hey." I manage through the pain.

"Jazmine, what's wrong!?!"

"I got shot, and I'm losing a lot of blood. Devonté and two other hunters are on their way. I-I just thought talking to you could help get my mind off of it."

"I'm coming to get you."

"Jake, please don't hang up." I plead pressing my hand harder.

"Never. Just try to keep your eyes open and focus on my voice."

"I know." I smile. "I love you."

"I love you too Jazmine."

"I killed Delyla."

"I know. That was smart. She probably would've killed you."

'"Jake, she shot me."

"I know, if you didn't kill her, she would've killed you."

"Maybe." I press my hand a little harder, my hand turning red from all the blood. The Suburban pulls up and two hunters get out. "Jake, they're here now."

"I said that I wouldn't hang up, I meant it."

"I know, just-" I pause, my vision getting worse, "just go to the house, I'll be there soon."

"No, I'm almost there." I glance at Devonté, who places his hand over mine. "I'm almost there."

"I love you." I say between rasped breaths.

"I love you too."

Devonté looks back at the other two and shakes his head. My force my eyes open and look back at my leg, blood coating his hand as well. I look out the windshield, Jake coming into view. I weakly smile before looking back at my leg, blood gushing out from it. I blink a few times and hang up my phone, my vision continuing to get worse, along with my hearing.