11. Code

~Jazmine~

I open my eyes and notice that I'm with Jacob. I slightly smile. He sadly smiles and rubs my arm.

"Do you remember anything?" Jake asks softly.

"Most of it, but that's not important right now. I have a large group of hunters to train. And a huntress to teach everything I can." I reply.

"Sam wants us to go deal with Jasper explaining things about the newborns. Mainly just how to fight." He states. Great, now he gets to watch me be an extremely cold hearted bitch.

"Really?" I perk, acting surprised.

"Yes, really, just like how that was totally fake, you knew about it." He retorts. Fuck.

"Of course." I mutter.

• • •

I lead the hunter through the woods toward where Jasper had told me to meet them, and where the pack would soon be as well. I had them bring weapons in case we had a run in with them. I have my daggers strapped to my thigh and Lydia carrying my bow. I sense the wolves being near as we get closer to the clearing.

"And always be alert." I catch a flash of blonde toward me and throw a punch, sending the body back. A fist comes my way and I block, retaliating with a strong kick to the side. Making Jasper hunch over. I slam my knee into his gut then flip him over my shoulder, stepping back and getting back into a defensive state.

"And always be the smartest one and expect anything." I slowly lower my arms. I help the blonde up and he walks over to stand with the other bloodsuckers and her. I glance at a phased Jake and smile.

"Well, now that we're all here-" I hear a low growl in the woods and catch a set of glowing eyes. I hold an arm out behind me and grab my bow from Lydia. I aim and all other weapons aim with me. Christopher and Gerard step out, along with Ryder, not shifted.

"This is why you never give leadership to a child." Gerard spits.

"Turning everyone against the real code." Christopher states.

"I'm sure you did that when you murdered your three year old daughter." I sneer aiming particularly at him.

"You're too much of a little bitch to kill him." Ryder scoffs. I roll my eyes and release the arrow into Christopher's heart, the light leaving his eyes and his body toppling to the ground. Then I turn to Ryder.

"I could easily kill you too, bitch." I growl.

"Then why haven't you already." He cocks his head to the side. "How's your mother doing?" He smirks. "Oh, that's right she's dead." My blood start to boil and I draw back an arrow, with a silver tip.

"No thanks to you." I spit. I watch Gerard pull out a pistol and cock it, before aiming it at me.

"So little respect, you're no leader. You're no hero." He says as his finger rests in front of the trigger.

"Neither are you Gerard." I state. He pulls the trigger and I spin blocking the bullet with my bow, a green aura surrounding me. I bring the bow back upright and fire it at Ryder, who pulls the arrow from his gut. Gerard reloads. I drop my bow and catch the gun from Mo. I spin back around and fire, the bullet traveling right between his eyes, his body falling limp onto the ground. I turn back to see Ryder's eyes becoming those of the beast. "Allons, lé bête." I draw back another silver tipped arrow. My eyes begin to glow and Ryder steps back. "Allons!" I slightly raise my voice. He steps back again. "Lâche!" I yell lowering my bow. I release the arrow slowly. He turns and runs. The bodies of Gerard and Christopher Argent turn to a thick black smoke and disappear. I drop my weapons onto the ground and clench my fists. "Allons lâche!!!" I scream at the retreating figure.

"Jazmine, he's not going to come. He's giving up for now." Mo states.

"He'll retaliate soon enough. I'll have the pike waiting for him." My eyes waver over the two groups of supernatural and I grab the gun and my bow. I toss the gun to Mo and give the bow to Lydia. "Head back! We have a lot of work to do!" I order. They all turn and start back. I glance at Jake and nod before running off into the woods.

• • •

I sit down on the couch and slowly sink into it. Lydia sits down beside me with two mugs in her hands. She sets one on the table in front of her and hands me the other.

"It's tea, it'll calm your nerves." She states picking hers back up and taking a sip. I take a sip and mutter a thanks. "What did they mean?"

"They think that by me changing code, it's going to cause trouble." I say.

"I've hear it in English, but what's the code in French?" She asks.

"Nous protégeons cuex qui ne peuvent pas se protéger eux-mêmes." I state. "We protect those who cannot protect themselves."

"Nous protégeons cuex qui ne peuvent pas se protéger eux-mêmes." The strawberry blonde repeats nodding. "I like the sound of that. It's better than 'nous chassons cuex qui nous chassent' We hunt those who hunt us."

"I'll give you that, Lydia, you're not wrong. Aspiring to murder isn't good, even though sometimes protecting people leads to killing." I sigh.

"Do you feel guilty?" She glances at me.

"Stressed, the wolves have never actually seen me in action, lead alone kill someone with that much remorselessness."

"They won't care." She takes another sip. "They know that you just protecting them."