1. Old Ranks

~Jazmine~

I sigh and lean back in the chair blowing through my nose. Hair falls out of my bun and lands in my face. Then all of my hair comes out, as well as the hair tie and two hands rest on my shoulders. I roll my eyes and shake my hair out.

"What was that for?" The russet colored boy asks. I scoff and glance back at the desk.

"You took my hair down, so I shook it out." I shrug before grabbing the pen again and tapping it on the wooden desk in front of me. He moves beside me and picks me up. I rest my head against his shoulder and he lightly chuckles carrying me to the bed. He tosses me down and sits beside me.

"Stop worrying about. It's just some dumb test that they're making you take." Jake says like it's nothing. I roll my eyes and crawl toward him, placing my head on his lap.

"I wish it was that easy." I state. He slides his hand under my shirt slowly.

"I'll prove to you that it is." He smirks cockily and tickles my side slightly. He doesn't realize that I won't feel anything until I drop my guard, which will probably be close to never.

"Then prove it." I challenge him. He moves his hand and carries me back to the desk. I sit on his lap as he looks over the paper.

"Why do you arrows?" He asks.

"Because they have to take it out before it heals." I shrug. He sits the paper down and places the pen on top of it.

"Write it." He says. I write it on the line and set then pen down. "Who are trained to lead?"

"The daughters." I say before writing it down.

"What poison works best on Vampires?"

"Vervien, obviously."

"What is the code?" I smirk to myself and write it.

"We protect those, who cannot protect themselves." I state.

"When can leadership change?"

"When the current leader dies or steps down. If they step down they choose who gets leadership, if they die it goes to next in line, usually the daughter of the said one."

"Who just proved you wrong and is the best boyfriend ever?" Jake smirks.

"You are." I roll my eyes. "Besides, you know that I don't do well under pressure." I state laying my head against his shoulder. I slowly close my eyes and sigh.

"What's making you so stressed?" He asks carrying me back to the bed.

"Everything." I mutter rolling over burying my face into the pillow. He rubs my back soothingly.

"It's not everything, there's one thing worse than the rest. What is it?"

"My father's father, Gerard, one of the most serious hunters ever is coming. I still need an excuse to ditch the funeral so I don't have to meet him directly." I murmur into the pillow. I turn my head toward him, my brown hair falling over my face. Jake takes his shirt off and lays beside me. I move over and lay my head on his chest. His warmth radiates through my body, my eyes open and glow emerald green.