Prologue

It's been two weeks since Gabby went after Austin.

No one besides, Gabby, Reece, Kyle and I knew about what actually happened to Austin. The story that was told to them was that Austin had left to stay with his uncle in another state. When Austin's parents found out that Austin had 'left', they were confused but let it slide. It was sad to see Jake walk over and tell them, because well, they weren't supposed to be confused, they were supposed to be devasted. Even Austin's gang thought that Austin went to his uncle's place. We couldn't let anyone find out about it.

Reece and Kyle were careful about what they said and did their best in making sure no one found out. They didn't talk about it at all because I just don't think they cared. The only person they cared about finding was Gabby and I understood why. Austin was a bad person in their eyes and even in mine. They wouldn't bother in finding him.

The whole of Jake's gang quit their usual daily routines and dedicated their time in trying to find Gabby. It was hard and it only meant Gabby was experienced and knew what she was doing. I found it hard to believe that, the last place I saw Austin was at the garage and the last time I saw Gabby was at my house where she left a heart-broken Jake. I couldn't exactly walk around with tears spilling out of my eyes because they'd ask what was wrong. They knew I wouldn't cry over Gabby, yes I would be sad and feel the worst I ever felt but I wouldn't cry.

Jake was a mess. He was frantic, always trying to do anything and everything to find Gabby. He wouldn't sleep and filled his body with caffeine so he wouldn't feel tired. The garage was still open and running but after only two weeks they hardly got customers because the boys wouldn't do such a good job. The most heart wrenching times were whenever Jake got a lead on Gabby and it would just drop. He sensed she was doing some tricky business and didn't want her to get hurt. Jake punched a hole into the wall because he was that frustrated.

Ben talked to me more, it began to be like before when we talked like we were best friends, and I guess we were. Joel and I still had a love/hate relationship but he too talked to me more and I was happy that he did. But, everytime I looked at the boys in Austin's gang, I felt the pain in my chest. The pain that said maybe Austin won't return and his best friends will never see him again. Ben, Joel, Kingsley, Reid and Andre didn't help in finding Gabby but they didn't bother any of us about her which I was glad about. Yes they were confused about not getting any contact from Austin and it was getting harder to cover it up.

I had just gotten to know Gabby and my ex-boyfriend decided to go missing. Surprisingly, Gabby left her friends and has been off trekking the country in order to find him. The boy that drove her sister into death, and the boy that I loved. It was her oath to ruin his life or even worse, but because of me, Gabby has gone to retrieve Austin and bring him back home. There was a 95% chance that it was killing her from the inside. I mean like she hated him and now she was going to save him. What Reece, Kyle and I knew was the truth and by doing this she could die. What the rest of the gang knew wasn't entirely the truth but they have contemplated the danger she could be putting herself in.

I haven't felt this bad, ever. The danger i'm putting Gabby in cannot be described. What makes me feel worst is the fact that Gabby volunteered to go and save him. I didn't ask her to. She also left Jake, who she clearly loved and it broke my heart. I would jump at any chance to find Austin myself. But only myself. I didn't want everyone to get involved and get themselves killed all because I fell in love with the wrong person. Obviously, if I go off on a hunt to find Austin and get him back, it wouldn't be a crusade, it would be a disaster and knowing me, I'd get us both killed.

"Boom boom, it's gettin' hot in here" My ringtone sounded like metal hitting a hard floor in a silent room. I opened my eyes and reached over to my bedside table to retrieve my phone. I slowly sat up in my bed and held the phone to my ear.

"Hello?" I asked with a soft voice. What person wakes someone up at midnight?

"Avery, it's Gabby" The voice I haven't heard in two weeks spoke briskly. Gabby was alive and I was happy.

I immediately got to my feet. "Gabby are you okay? What's going on?" I managed to rush out, even though I was tired.

"Yeah, everything is fine but I'm going to need more time, you need to hold Jake off, Austin's alive and although that might sound like a good thing it might be the worst news I've heard all day"

"How is that the worst news? Austin's alive.." I trailed off. He was alive and I couldn't help but muster a smile.

"It's hard to explain, but it could be dangerous"

"Dangerous? What do you mean dangerous?" I didn't know the information she knew so I couldn't see how it was dangerous.

"It's a long complicated story that I don't have time for, talk to Maddie she will tell you everything you need to know" It sounded like she was ready to hang up but I wasn't ready to end the call.

"Does she still live across the road? I haven't seen her around lately" I tried to keep her on the phone so I could find out more.

"Yes although, she is probably spending most of her time at my place I have security camera's around everywhere important and she's keeping an eye on things for me now I have to go, bye" She said all this without emotion so I couldn't tell how she was feeling. She also hung up the call as soon as she finished her sentence.

I wanted to do more than sit around at home watching everyone frantically run around trying to find Gabby. I wanted to join them but I didn't know how to do anything, they've been in the gang business for years and I just found out months ago. No matter how much I wanted to do something, I couldn't do anything.

But, I wasn't going to let that stop me.

Hello!

This is the prologue of 'Fighting For The Bad Boy' that will be coming out early next year. I hope you like it and don't forget to vote, comment and fan!

Thank you so much for all the support and love.

- Tabby :)

p.s I'm still open to any requests for the book.

p.p.s Happy first day of summer!!