Chapter 12

Jason's POV

I watch as Bree stands up and starts to pace back and forth.

"Will you please stop?"

"I can't. It helps calm me down, unless you prefer me screaming and shouting." Her sharp response comes out a few seconds later.

"It wasn't your fault you know." I say trying to comfort her. "He made his choice."

I wish I had made that choice.

"I don't know....I...it's my fault-"

"Shhhh." I say as I walk up to her and hold her in my arms. She needs this. "He decided to do what he thought was right and he died doing just that."

"Yeah, but I was his choice." She sighs. "And I didn't even know how he felt for me...He died saving me."

I lift her head and see tears running down her cheeks. "Yeah, but-"

"No!" She shouts suddenly. "There are no buts, this was all my fault and I'm going to fix it. Even if it's the last thing I do."

I watch her as she gets up and heads towards the front doors. "Where are you going?"

"To fix this."

"How by getting yourself killed?"

"No, I need my da- my spell book."

"Where is it?"

"In my cabin."

"Then I'm going with you-"

"No, it's too dangerous."

"Bree, I don't care whether you want me to go with you are not, it's too dangerous for you to go by yourself."

"Alright." She finally huffs, giving up.

"Alright then let's go." I say grabbing her hand and heading out.

"Where are you guys going?"

I turn around and see the group huddled in the corner looking at us.

"To go get my spell book and fix all of this." Bree answers as she gets her hand out of my grip and continues to walk to the entrance doors by herself.

"Bree-" I try calling out when I'm interrupted.

"We're going with you."

Bree slowly turns around. "No, I am not risking anyone else."

"We weren't asking for your opinion or your permission. We're going and that's final." Kateln snaps walking past Bree, bumping into her shoulder on purpose on her way.

Mumbling something under her breathe Bree starts to walk, getting in front of everyone leading the way to her cabin.

"I know I don't have to say this but guys stick together and shout out if you see anything." I shout over my shoulder as I run up front next to Bree.

Bree's POV

We're walking around for about 5 minutes when I hear heavy footsteps near us. Putting my hand over Jason while stopping, I put my finger over my lips telling them to be quiet. Now that I can't control The Yeti, I can't do anything if he decides to attack.

"What's going on, why are we stopping!" Someone shouts from the back, and when I turn around I see around 2 guys putting their hands over Emma's mouth. Of course, it just had to be Emma.

Hushing everyone with one look I listen to see if he heard us or not.

I sigh in relief when a minute passes and no sight of the yeti. I tell the group to keep walking when suddenly the yeti's loud roar is heard ans his loud footsteps are heard close to us.