Chapter 2

Bree's P.O.V

"It's in GreanVille, Nebraska." Said the bus diver as he turned around to face me before turning on the bus. Greenville, Nebraska! Can this trip get any better! First I get a break from the usual and now I also get to see my family too.

I sat next to Leo on the bus of course. The ride from here to Greenville was about 10 hours away. Yeah it's pretty far. But we get to take breaks along the way. Like using the bathroom, stretching and going to stores around us.

We were about an hour and a half away when we took another break. I would usually stay in the bus while everybody got out but I wanted to go to the store. The breaks were about 20 minutes each. Which gave me just enough time since the store was only about 5 minutes away from and back.

I entered the store. It was snowing outside. It was so cold. I almost froze to death on the way here. I grabbed some chips and two sodas for me and Leo. As I walked to the counter I heard someone yell my name which startled me so much I jumped 2 feet in the air! I turned around to see a lady that was about in her 40's.

"Bree? Ow what a surprise to see you here. We've missed you so much." She said as she engulfed me in a big hug. Did I know this lady?

"Um excuse me do I know you?" I asked as she finally let go of me. "Oh I'm sorry you probably don't remember me. I'm Claire." She said with a big smile. That name sounds familiar but I still don't remember who she is exactly. She saw my struggle and decided it was better for her to explain. "I was your mom's best friend."

"Was?" I asked curiosity. What they weren't friends anymore. Why? I mean my mom has a temper but she never ever lost a friend. She was mostly the sweetest person I know.

"Yeah we were you know before she..."

"She what? Did she do something to you. You know what never mind I'll just ask her when I see her. That's why I'm here. I'm so excited to see my family again." I said with a smile just thinking about it. "See her again? You don't know do you?" She said as her eyes saddened. "Know what?" I asked a little worried.

"That your parents died a year and a half ago." She said her eyes not meeting mine. No this isn't true. "How?" I ask almost in tears. For all I know this woman could be lying. "There was an avalanche and they were never found." She said looking like she was about to cry herself. No this isn't happening. Not now or ever! "How do I know your not lying to me." I asked my voice cracking. "This is a small town you can ask anyone. I'm so sorry you had to find out this way." She said as she engulfed me in another hug. Which I gratefully received. By this point I was crying.

I then felt a vibration in my left pocket. It was a text. It's from Leo:

Bree hurry up the bus is about to leave. You have 4 minutes.

"Sorry I have to go." I said as she let go of me. I was trying my best not to cry but it was hard. I ran out of the store. By now tears were flowing freely down my face. I have to let it all out before I get on the bus. I don't want anybody especially Jax and Kimberly to see me like this.

Once I reached the bus I had already cried my eyes out. I know nobody is going to notice because either they won't care or they'll just think it's from the cold.

I sat down next to leo. "Bree are you ok and where are the snacks?" He asked as he looked at me intensely knowing there was something wrong. "No there's nothing wrong." I tried to say but my voice cracked at the end. "Come on Bree. You and me have been friends since forever. Please just tell me what's wrong." He pleaded.

"Ok." I said quietly. "I met..and..she...my parents are dead." I managed to say. I know Leo knows me well enough to know what I was trying to say. "I'm so sorry." He said as he hugged me. I really needed this. I need comfort and Leo is the only one who could give it to me right now.