"Hey...What are you doing home? Is it that late already?"

"No, I took a half day to come home and take care of you. I know how you get when you're sick." He chuckled, sitting on the edge of the bed. "Have you eaten yet?"

"No. I've been sleeping ever since you left."

"Okay. I'll go make you some toast. I went and picked up some ginger ale and light soups too."

"That was so sweet. Thank you. You didn't have to come home."

"It's okay, I was worried. It's not like there's any real work for me anyway. Are you hungry?"

"Sure. I think I can eat something."

"Good. Then I'll be back. Don't fall back asleep."

"I'll try." She weakly smiled, shutting her eyes when I stood up to leave the room.

Once I got into the kitchen, I popped some bread into the toaster, then reached up into the cabinets and got down a glass to get her some ginger ale.

Bella never really got sick, but man when she did...she got really sick.

I remember her Dad telling this story about a cold she got right before I met her- and it was just a cold- but she ended up losing her voice and everything.

I felt bad that she was getting sick now...

I left in less than a week for rehab. For a three month program. Three months of not  being home - of being in another state, and being away from her.

So much could happen while I'm gone...but I can't worry about that...We're going to be okay. She's going to visit...and we'll talk.

I've never been without her this long.

God...that was going to be hard.

The toast finishing up made me jump, but I shook it off and lightly buttered it for her and got her drink before heading back up.

"Bella, here you go. The ginger ale should help to." I said as I stepped in the room, frowning a little when I saw how colorless her face actually was.

"Thank you." She smiled, sitting herself up and took the toast while I sat the glass in my hand beside her on the table.

"You're welcome." I pecked her cheek before I went over to my dresser, pulling it open and grabbed a gray t-shirt. "Head still bothering you?"

"A little, but not really. I took some medicine before you left and I've been okay." Her voice was soft, and I turned to look at her as I took off my shirt, tossing it in the hamper. "Have you started packing yet?"

"Uh...no. I have a few days."

That's the last thing I wanted to do. That meant I was really leaving.

"Justin...you're going to be gone for three months. You have to pack for three months."

"I know, but I'll have a washer and dryer. I can wash my clothes."

"I know, I know." Light laughter filled the air, and after I changed into some shorts, I just stared at her.

She had eaten half of her toast, which made me happy.

I can't believe she hasn't eaten anything all day- but at the same time, I can.

"Want to watch a movie with me or something?" I asked, crawling on the bed beside her.

"Yeah, sure. I need to do something besides sleep." She nodded, lifting up her toast again.

"If you need to sleep, that's okay. You're sick. You should rest."