A Ship at Sea

Amunet must have passed out on the journey because when she woke she was no longer on a horse but rather a swinging hamic surrounded by thick dark wood. The space had an eerie echo that reverberated throughout the small cabin she was in. Amunet shifted herself and gracefully swung herself out of the hammock, her feet touching cold wood. From the swaying of the ground, Amunet pieced together that she was on a ship. Thudding feet could be heard from above along with another set trudging around just outside the door in front of her. As if sensing she was awake, Runihura swung open the door and swiftly slammed it shut behind him.

"Glad to see you're awake," he smiled stretching the scars on his neck and face. Amunet grimaced at the sight and couldn't help but picture a demon with the way the shadows hid parts of his face. "Do you like it? My ship? It took many years to get it to this quality."

Amunet refused to say nothing as Runihura began talking about the types of wood the ship was crafted from and how many years it took to perfect every detail. Amunet watched him carefully making sure to stay on the opposite side of the room. Before long, the two were dancing in a circle, like a predator stalking its prey.

"it would be nice to know your name," Runihura asked breaking away from the subject of the ship they were on. Amunet refused to answer with a glare and clenched her fists at her side. Runihura frowned dismantling his features again and seemed to get a little red in the face. In a few steps, he lunged across the room slamming her up against the room. Amunet gasped at the impact and felt the wind leave her lungs and refuse to return. "It's not very polite to refuse to identify yourself. I've known enemies and men I've killed who've still told me their names when I've asked. Now tell me your name."

"No," Amunet shouted back swinging her knee up into Runihura's chest. This wasn't going to go the same way it did with the smuggler Lael. Amunet's skills weren't going to suddenly disappear again. After all, she trained for a year in self-defense and offense. Teremun had trained her to be his assassin. He would be disappointed to see her fail again.

Amunet managed to knock Runihura off balance and his grip loosened enough to allow Amunet the chance to intertwine their arms. Amunet propelled herself up off of Runihura's tight chest and then slammed herself down. Runihura's arm, still interlocked with Amunet's, made a painful splitting noise before dislocating from its socket. Runihura howled in agony and dropped to his knees cradling his arm.

Amunet took this chance to run but Runihura's reflexes were fast and his good arm snaked around her ankle causing her to drop to the ground with a loud thud. He pounced on her like a tiger on its kill, snarling and throwing his fist at every part of Amunet's skin it could come in contact with. Amunet shielded her face as the first blow struck and tried to remain as the fire of pain began springing throughout her body. Runihura drew his fist back for one last attack giving Amunet the chance to throw her head forward ramming into his nose and jaw. Runihura fell back blood dripping from his mouth.

Panting, Amunet crawled to her feet and ran for the door, taking it with both hands and throwing it open. The light outside temporarily blinded Amunet and she quickly shielded herself from the rays of light. Miles of sea water could be seen before her. Amunet's breathing became hasty as she searched for a row boat or some way to escape. She rummaged through everything but couldn't find a single thing. Through her rummaging, though, Amunet realized something.

Not a single other person was on the boat.

She hadn't seen anyone. Runihura and she weren't exactly being quiet during their fight and yet not a single crew member had come to check on the noise.  Amunet dropped the yards of rope she'd been unintentionally holding and spun in a quick circle.

Completely alone.

Well, except for the bloody and scarred barbarian currently stalking towards her with murder in his eyes and a sword in his hand.