A Proposition

Amunet couldn't even process what the Pharaoh had really said before she was up and running. She didn't get very far though before Teremun grabbed her wrist and pulled her back to him. He was a lot stronger than her and his hand came over her mouth completely silencing her struggling cries. Her arms were pinned behind her back and Amunet was desperately wishing she was wearing something at the moment. Maybe the humiliation wouldn't be so bad.

"You're by far the worst assassin that's come after me," Teremun said laughing slightly. Amunet glared at him and ignored the large smile on his face. "Well seeing as you're not going to answer me, I'll start guessing. The first person to come to mind would be my father but seeing how he's dead, it's probably not him. The most likely leaves Kamilah. I never really liked that woman and I have to say I'm a little insulted that she hired such a cheap person to kill me."

Amunet stayed silent. She feared her self-restraint would snap if she opened her mouth. Amunet also refused to look over her shoulder at him. Teremun continued laughing and dragged her over to sit on a multitude of pillows. Amunet sat down and took the dress Teremun tossed her. Looking past the Pharaoh's good looks and muscular frame, he wasn't what Amunet thought the Pharaoh would be like. When you think of the ruler of Egypt, a carefree comedian doesn't come to mind nor does a person who willingly sleeps with someone they know is trying to kill them. 

"So, Amunet, am I right?" Teremun continued grinning as he poured himself a glass of wine and came and sat next to her. He threw his arm over her shoulder and took a long sip. Amunet still refused still refused to say anything. Teremun seemed to be slightly annoyed she was still refusing to say anything.  "How about this, I won't kill you if in return you decide to work for me."

Amunet looked over at him and raised an eyebrow. Amunet stared into his deep jade eyes and tried to look for the same wickedness she saw in Kamilah's but she couldn't read him at all. 

"Of course, I'd need to get you trained," Teremun said shrugging his shoulders. "Your tactic is extremely weak and you're very easy to see through. I instantly knew what you were up to the moment I saw you."

Amunet furrowed her brow and bit the inside her cheek. She looked away from him and dug her nails into the palms of her hands. She was surprised when Teremun grabbed her chin and yanked her face to look at him. She was even more surprised when he gently kissed her cheek then her ear and she could feel his grin against her face.

"You don't really have a choice," he whispered in his silky and seductive voice. Amunet felt her face fall. Teremun set the wine aside and brought Amunet's mouth to his. Amunet didn't resist as he twisted his hands in her hair and pushed her back against the pillows. He pulled back and looked at her as he leaned over her. "You're mine now."