Kidnapped

Hey, everyone! I just want to apologize because I haven't updated in a while. I had finals last week and some more this week and to top it all off, I got myself sick so I just haven't been up to updating. Still, thanks for all the support and I'm so grateful to everyone who's still reading up until this point. :)

---

"What do we have here?" The man said with a smile playing at the corner of his lips. He dismounted his horse in one fluid motion and reached for Amunet. Still shielding the family, Amunet resisted the tug of her hair as the man tried to rip her away. Amunet heard him grunt in annoyance and give one last yank before Amunet lost her grip of the grandmother. Refusing to let out a cry of pain, Amunet held back the tears that threatened to spill over. Amunet's face was brought close to the man's and Amunet felt a sickening feeling run through her veins. 

There was a part of her that recognized the hostile warrior standing in front of her. There was something familiar about him. The feeling, though, was overpowered by the unbearable fear that coursed through her veins. Amunet knew enough from what she saw and from what she felt that she needed to get away from this man as quickly as possible. 

"She's pretty feisty, isn't she Runihura?" An unknown voice spoke from outside Amunet's range of vision and the man turned an ear to listen. The man, Runihura, smiled and let out a bellowing laugh that the rest of his cavalry echoed. He then turned his attention back to Amunet and his smile morphed into something malicious and terrifying. 

"What's your name girl?" Runihura said bring Amunet, still dangling by her hair, close to his face. Amunet silently let out a yelp from the tugging over her hair and felt her feet dangling slightly above the ground. 

"Like I'd tell you," Amunet said spitting at his face. 

Runihura scowled and dropped Amunet ungracefully onto the ground. He wiped away the spit and glared down at Amunet who was pulling her hair away from her face. 

"You little," Runihura said through a clenched jaw. In one fluid motion, Runihura kicked Amunet across the face and hauled her over his shoulder. "We're heading out," he shouted. 

Amunet kicked and fought his tight grip but was getting nowhere. Runihura mounted his horse quickly and pulled Amunet up with him. Amunet's body shifted uncomfortably and she tried to pull away from Runihura's breaking embrace. Her back pressed against his solid chest and she could feel the hammering of his chest pulsating through her entire body. He smelled distinctly of sweat and blood and Amunet found herself wanting through throw up. 

Runihura motioned over his head as his black horse started trotting out of the town. The rest of his men followed swiftly shouting and hollering cheers of victory. Amunet looked around terrified as the barbarians looted anything that seemed worthy of trade. They grabbed silks and pottery while also stripping wealthy merchants of their hard earned money. Amunet felt her eyes drift back to the family that looked unsure of what to do. Amunet made eye contact with the grandmother whose eyes were wide and scared. Amunet felt her insides sink and her eyes water as she felt the arms around her. Just as she thought she was free, she wound up back in another cage. But the last one hadn't been nearly this terrifying.