The Return

"Step away from her right now." Amunet's heart practically leapt out of her chest at the sound of his voice. Amunet craned her head around Chisisi and felt her heart break at the sight of Teremun and all his glory. He stormed toward them and shoved Chisisi out of the way with such force that the prince stumbled into the nearby table. Teremun glared at his half-brother before looking down at Amunet with such love and adoration that Amunet felt her breath hitch. He smiled down at her and brought his face close to hers. He touched their foreheads together and Amunet felt the world around them stop and everything still. 

"How exactly did you know she was here?" Chisisi shouted with anger seeping from every word. Teremun looked over at Chisisi from the corner of his eye and straightened. 

"I told him," a third voice spoke from the doorway. Chisisi turned ready to scream at whoever stood there but his words were lost and he froze in place. Amunet felt her own body freeze in response. Amunet watched the woman with jade eyes that matched the Pharaoh's stroll into the room with such grace and dignity it was hard to look away from her. She was gorgeous, every inch of her. Hair blacker than night and a slim body would bring every eye in the room towards her. It didn't take much thinking to realize who she was.

 Ebonee, Teremun's younger twin sister. 

"And exactly how did you know?" Chisisi spat the words at his half sister who glared at his disrespectful attitude. From behind Ebonee, a flash of blonde hair caught her attention and it became clear who filled Ebonee in. Chisisi seemed to realize that as well and scowled. "I thought doctors were supposed to keep patient information confidential."

Eugene laughed awkwardly and ran a hand through his hair. 

"Do not blame Eugene," Ebonee interjected. Chisisi shot her a look and the malice in his stare caused Amunet to shiver and the temperature in the room to drop considerably. "Considering the fact that my standing is still higher than yours, Chisisi, I have a right to know everything you do. Eugene was reporting to me like a loyal citizen would."

Chisisi scowled but realized his defeat. He glared first at Eugene than his siblings before finally resting on Amunet. He stormed from the room without another word. 

"Thank you, Ebonee," Teremun whispered. Ebonee looked at her twin and sighed. She bowed quickly before strolling from the room with Eugene behind her.  

Amunet turned to look up at Teremun who finally turned back to her. Upon meeting his eyes Amunet instantly burst into tears. Teremun seemed startled by the action but took her in his arms without hesitation. He cradled her head against his shoulder and ran a hand up and down her back and through her hair. 

"I failed you, Pharaoh," Amunet sobbed out. She pulled back to look at Teremun and the grief and sorrow was evident all over her face. Teremun frowned and quickly brought her back into his arms. 

"All I care about is that you're alive. I will receive your report first thing tomorrow, but, for now, you are going to allow me to embrace you." Amunet's eyes went wide and she tried to pull back from the Pharaoh. The images of her lost son flashed across her mind and panic seemed to coil in her stomach. With one fluid motion, Teremun forced her down and pinned her arms above her head. He looked down at her with an unknown seriousness in his eyes. Amunet studied his expression and felt her heart constrict. There was a certain amount of anger and worry etched onto his face. He seemed to have aged since the last time Amunet had seen him. "This is an order, Amunet: you will allow me to make love to you until I'm physically incapable of doing so."

Without further words, Teremun clashed his mouth onto Amunet's and began crafting her with his hands. Amunet closed her eyes and allowed the Pharaoh's love to pour through her over and over again. The passion clouded the pain and Amunet clung to the Pharaoh with every ounce of strength she could muster. Sweaty bodies blended together and everything they couldn't express with words was infused in their caresses. Amunet lost herself in the bliss and allowed herself to be loved by the Pharaoh. After all, what more could a slave ask for?