To Kill or Be Killed

Hey everyone!! I just want to take a minute and say thank you for all the support you've been giving me up till now. I really appreciate every read, comment, and vote with all my heart. To my excitement, The Pharaoh's Dancer reached number four in historical fiction and I couldn't have done it without all of your support so Thank You So Much and I hope you continue reading!!! 

----

Amunet couldn't help but feel the list of people wanting her death was steadily growing. That was her singular thought as Ubaid's sword came flying at her neck. Amunet doubled over, completely flattening her back onto the floor and knocking the wind out of her. She'd hit her head slightly but still managed to roll to side at the next swing. Launching to her feet, Amunet bound across the room and headed towards the nearest exit. Unfortunately, the exit happened to be the window. 

Amunet looked over her shoulder one last time to see Ubaid running towards her and it only took her a second to jump. With the wind billowing around her, Amunet plummeted towards the ground with terrifying speed. With a hard thud, she crashed into the flower garden Teremun had been growing for her. A slight pang of guilt stab at her stomach but she brushed aside the feeling and resumed her sprint. She bound around several turns in the palace but found that she really had nowhere to hide. At least not in the palace walls. 

If she headed west, Chisisi would be there waiting to torture her. To the north was Kamilah, who still hopefully believed her to be dead. To the east was Ebonee who hated her guts. And to the South was Ubaid, who desired nothing more than to slice her throat. Amunet's hands tightened at her sides and she felt the panic slowly begin to set in. She desperately wanted to run and find Teremun but she had no idea where to even look for him. 

Amunet's breathing became fast and shallow. She wiped a drop of sweat from her forehead and looked towards the one direction she never thought she'd turn towards. The entrance to the palace. Amunet took a deep breath and pressed her hand against her chest to try and calm her unsteady heartbeat. The last thing she wanted to do was leave Teremun. Being apart from him killed her a little inside...

But being beside him was just as dangerous. 

Being a slave had been a dangerous job, yes, and Amunet had been grateful for being given a chance to be more, but it was starting to become too much. 

Amunet felt a slow tear run down her cheek as her legs began running forward towards the one place she didnt want to go but need to go. The place that would keep her alive, but at the cost of being seperated from him.