Misadventures in Texting

Start from the beginning

"Jason, what am I going to do?" I flopped down on the couch next to him, my head on his lap.

"Maybe not be a creep and stop calling her. You've done it like twenty times. She obviously doesn't want to talk right now. Let her cool off." He patted my face, well kinda slapped it.

"What if she never forgives me?" I fretted, combing my hands through my hair. Jason didn't say anything. "Jason! this is the part where you say that she'll forgive me!" I threw my hands in the air.

Jason smacked my hands so I'd stop flailing them, "You messed up pretty bad, what would you think if you were in her shoes?"

"I'd want to hear her side of the story." I grumbled.

"Would you though?" He gave me a side look.

"No." I mumbled, I just wanted her to hear me out. I sighed, I did get why she wasn't talking to me. Sometimes I just needed a little sense shaken into me.

"Do you lift bro?" I laughed quietly.

"No, why bro?" Jason smiled at me, knowing that I had gotten his point,

"Cause you lift my heart when you're around." I laughed, rolling into his stomach.

"Bro." He slapped his hand over his heart and laughed.

I sighed, I thought about what had happened. Something Rachel said didn't make sense. "There is one weird thing though, she said that she talked to me recently but I haven't talked to her in like six months." I sat up and scrunched my brows together, as if that would help me think better.

"Uh," Jason scratched the back of his neck, "I have a small confession."

---

"You what?!" I stood up and put my hands on my face.

"I was bored, nothing exciting has happened ever since I started dating Piper. Nothing bad has happened to us, it's actually quite weird." Jason didn't quite look sorry.

"So Annabeth hates me and it's your fault." I huffed.

"Dude this would have happened eventually, I just sped up the process."

"I just need some air, I don't know when I'll be back." I grabbed my keys and almost slammed the door but thought second of it and closed it gently.

I briskly walked to the aquatics center, we weren't supposed to be there when it wasn't open but I was on the team so unless I caused a commotion the campus police usually didn't bother me.

I scanned my ID on the door to unlock it. Pretty fancy right? I walked through the empty waiting area, my shoes slapping on the hard tiles echoed loudly. I walked to the receptionist's desk and reached over for the key to the locker room.

I walked down the empty sunlight halls to the locker room and swiftly unlocked the door. I sat on the bench in front of my locker as I turned the dials on the lock. My swimsuit was dry, which hardly ever happened but yesterday I hadn't taken a dip so I got to put on a dry suit for once.

I hung up my clothes in the locker and took my towel out.

Once I was changed I carefully walked out of the locker room.

I stood on the edge of the pool, breathing in the chlorine. The calm of the pool room washed over me. I could feel the sun lazily shining on my back through the skylights, the rays dappling the pool with warm light.

I tossed my towel to the bleachers and took a deep breath before diving into the pool.

The cool water washed over me, a stark contrast from the warm pool air. I power through the water, bursting out only to take short breaths.

Once I had taken a few quick laps I started to slow down and swim closer to the bottom. Eventually, this lead me to sitting at the bottom of the pool, I can hold my breath for just about a minute and a half (A/N which is possible, no he does not have powers).

Without having anything to distract me, like people passing or any kind of sound, I finally had some time to think. I looked up at the light-dappled surface. I knew that this was my fault, but Jason held some of the blame. I just can't believe that I would forget something like that. I must have broken up with her. Now Annabeth must think I'm some sort of player.

I quickly swam up the the top and got deep breath before going back under. I thought for a while about Rachel, I must have broken up with her. I kept thinking about last year. We had a big fight, which is why she didn't know what college I went to, our computer had broken. So I called her on Jason's phone. Then...? I bit my lip, trying to remember what had happened. She hadn't picked up...

I broke up with her over voice mail! I guess that isn't something to be happy about, that was a pretty terrible way to breakup with someone, burt it meant that I had broken up with her. I had to tell Annabeth!

I swam quickly to the surface and pulled myself out of the pool. I grabbed my towel and speed walked over to the locker room, well walked slightly quicker than normal, because it isn't safe to do that on a pool deck.

I quickly pulled on my clothes and hung up my bathing suit. I reached in my pocket for my phone, but it wasn't there.

I rummaged around my locker but still couldn't find it, maybe I had left it at home . . .

Nope. It wasn't anywhere in our dorm either.

Annabeth P.O.V.

It took a bit longer than usual to get Charlie down. He was finally asleep though and I could get to work on my homework. That is if Piper stopped talking to me about Percy.

"You won't give him one chance?" Piper asked from the other side of the couch, working on her math homework.

"I already did." I said curtly, putting a wall in the middle of my master bedroom, splitting the bed in half.

"That was not a chance Annabeth, that was just making a friend. This is the only thing that he has done wrong so far." Piper tapped the end of her pencil on her textbook.

I opened my mouth to protest, but couldn't think of an argument. Instead I just put the eraser of my pencil in my mouth and chewed on it.

"See Annabeth, even you can't come up with an argument."

I hated it when she was right, but I wasn't going to let her know that.

"I'm going upstairs." I huffed, a smile playing on the edge of my lips.

"Ok, tell Percy that I say hi." I swear that she could read minds sometimes.

I had my phone in my hand, Piper was right, I really should talk to Percy. Well I'm not sure, I guess I would text him. But then how would I be able to see if he was being sincere, even on the phone you can't read facial expressions or body language. The only way to really tell was to see him face to face.

Hey, Percy I'm sorry for freaking out, could we meet up sometime soon?

He responded almost immediately, just not with the response I had expected.

You know what, I tried to talk to you but you pushed me away, I'm over it

I dropped my phone and clapped my hands on my mouth. Tears started to well in my eyes, how could he? This wasn't like him at all.

My phone buzzed.

And don't even try to talk to me again

What had gotten into him, this wasn't him, it couldn't be. But the back of my mind keep saying that it was Luke all over again.

I had pushed him away, but I never thought that he would do the same to me, especially not like this. I plopped down on my bed and curled into a little ball. This is what happens when you love someone, you get hurt.