I Swear It Wasn't A Date

We don't own PJO or HOO

Percy P.O.V

I was still grinning like crazy when I got back from working with Annabeth. I tried to compose myself as I walked into the pool locker room, but I knew I failed miserably when my buddy Josh nudged me in the ribs while winking.

"How'd your date with Annabeth go?" He asked causally.

"It wasn't a date" I spluttered throwing my towel at him.

"Mhm" he said swaying his hips a bit.

"What are you doing?" I laughed "and give my towel back."

"Fine." he sighed dramatically and threw the towel in my face.

"Thanks." I muttered.

Once I had changed I walked as quickly as I could without slipping on the wet tile to the pool deck where coach Hedge was waiting for me with the other swim team members.

"You're lucky you're good Jackson." He joked. "But talent or no you're two minutes late! Get in the pool and give me twenty." (laps not push-ups)

I quickly did as he asked. Partially because he was scary, but mostly because I hadn't been in the pool for about a week and I was dying to submerge myself in the chlorine-mixed liquid again. Once in the water I relaxed immediately, letting the coolness wash over me. I quickly kicked off the wall and began pushing myself through the water with strong and forceful strokes, stopping after every lap to flip around. I stopped once I heard the coaches whistle. Apparently I had done twenty already. After dragging myself out of the pool I saw some of the older student's jaws fall open and the smug expression on the coach's face.

"I told you boys he was good!" He said, looking very proud of himself.

"But not that good!" Exclaimed an older boy with brown hair. Coach just shrugged.

"Nice to have you on the team!" A tall boy with red hair said. "My name's Rodger."

"Percy." I said bashfully, embarrassed by all the attention I was getting.

"Ok boys, now that we've finished this little meet and greet lets get working!" Coach blew his whistle with gusto, signaling the beginning of the official practice.

***

"I hope I see Piper tomorrow" Jason said, chewing a bit of the pizza we were currently enjoying. I looked him in the eye.

"Jason, either you stop thinking about Piper that way, or you break up with Reyna. It's really not fair to her if you're continuously pining over another girl."

"I don't like Piper like that!" He said defensively, throwing his slice down onto his plate dramatically. I raised my eyebrow at him as I chewed my slice slowly, a bit like a cow.

"Try to be honest with yourself." I replied. Then he started getting angry.

"What's it to you!? Do you like Reyna or something?! I knew it! You just want me to break up with her so you can date her instead!" I just looked at him, keeping my cool.

"Are you really angry at me?" I could see his anger dying down, he shook his head, then let it fall and hang dejectedly.

"It's just that Reyna was the only stable thing in my life before I meet you guys senor year, and I'd feel terrible if I broke up with her, like I'm not thankful for everything she's done." He'd had a rough childhood, and had started dating Reyna freshman year when things were getting especially rocky at his adopted families house.

"But isn't not telling her going to make it worse for her? Especially because she would be in a one way relationship, and even though breakups are sad and hard they're better then feeling unwanted yet trapped."