Chapter 44: The Lion and the Lamb Pt. II

Start from the beginning

"OUCH!" I welped.

"WHAT!" Merkley's eyes were huge.

"Uhm.. nothing..." I said quietly. I could taste the blood in my mouth. "Just.. this photo on Facebook looks painful." I mumbled.

"I have to go to the bathroom." I said while pulling money out of my pocket.

"It's fine I got it." He said quick. And turned his face away from me.

Am I ugly? Like what the hell?

Well, I did have a piece of shit in my teeth so I don't blame him.

I quickly walked away trying not to cry as I made my way into the bathroom.

Fuck my life.

............... Merkley's Point of View ...............

He can't even talk to me...

He was mumbling the whole time.

My bad breath must reek that bad that he can't even look at me, or talk to me.

I know when someone's not interested in me. They always get out there phone and then they S.O.S. their friends and talk about how ugly I am.

Why did I think he was any different?

But I can't help... I can't help but not obsess over him.

He's like a rose in a field of violets. From the first time I saw him moving into the dorms, I can't stop thinking about him.

I always sit on the same bench to just see him go to class.

Always smiling. Always making people laugh. Even at the smoke pit, he doesn't smoke very often, but he talks them.

Not caring about himself, always seeking to make others happy.

And that's why he is here with me right now. He's thinking about me. Not himself. He should be sleeping, but he's willing to sit here with me.

He's one in a million.

And I'm a million to one.

............... Sam's Point of View ...............

Thank God the cut isn't noticeable. Ugh. Why me? The most gorgeous guy is out there and he thinks I can't stand him.

I just want to erase and rewind the last thirty minutes. I want to hold his hand and do cute things with him. Like lean into his side and just kiss him underneath this perfect sky.

But here I am. In the bathroom.

CRAP. I'm here in the bathroom! He probably thinks I'm pooping, shit.

Quickly I grabbed my phone off the sink and made my way out the bathroom. Running towards the table, til he looked up then I just sauntered.

Probably thinks I'm completely off my rocker.

"Here's your coffee." He smiled his dazzling smile.

"Did you spit in it." I laughed.

"Oh yeah, that way we are indirectly making out." He chuckled. Then he looked out the window.

I giggled. He's so funny too. What's wrong with me?

............... Merkley's Point of View ...............

WHY. WHY. WHY!!

Why did I just say that!! ASHSKJHSKHGKG. WHAT THE HELL.

I looked out the window and noticed a couple walking down the way. She was leaning into his side, and they were holding hands.