Chapter 24: I'm A What?

Who knew, that in just one night so much could happen to one person; that person being me, Sam. As one story after another was rolling out of their mouths, and somehow a glass of orange juice was in my hand, I was blown away.

Lap dancing, slings, excessive drinking, old men, young men, dancing, and did I mention excessive drinking? This was not the Sam I knew. The Sam I knew could be put in a nun's convent and never see the light of day. And he would be okay. But this Sam was a party animal. A real man! A cheater."I'm a cheater." I gasped.

The chattering and laughing slowed down to a dead silence.

"I'm a cheater." My eyes were now wide open and I took a sip of the orange juice someone gave me.

It was not orange juice.

"OH MY GOD WHAT IS THIS!" I shouted when I could compose myself after coughing up a lung.

"That is a screwdriver." Mike said quietly.

"THIS IS NOT A SCREWDRIVER YOU IDIOT." I shouted. I was so mad at myself and the idiocy of some people. How can they just stand there. Don't they know that I'm not a slut. A whore. Worse. I'm a cheater. I'm not able to commit to one guy.

"It's a type of drink Sam." Gabe calmly said as he took my hand. "It's a combination of orange juice and vodka. Some people after a hard night of drinking they drink a little bit alcohol to try to ease the hangover."

"Oh." I said quietly. "I'm sorry for exploding. There's just so much happening. I don't know what to think anymore."

"It's gonna be alright." Mike said sitting on my other side and taking my hand. "Let's get some breakfast and talk this over."

"Awwwww." Chorused the group of men outside of the door.

"Okay, that's not okay. Go away guys. Go get dressed for one." As I was glancing over them I noticed most of the weren't fully dressed.

Gross.

.....................................................................

"So you think because you cheated once you'll never be able to commit again to another person." Gabe thoughtfully and detached like replied to my rant about my ever falling apart life.

"You do know that this boyfriend you have is not the one right." My best friend Mike said. "When I tried to talk to him he turned into a total snob and kept acting like he was better than me because I'm ten years older than him."

"Yeah, we can't have that Mike. And for the record you totally wanted to get in his pants." I said snidely.

"Okay girls put away the claws." Gabe interjected. "Now Sam you do realize Mike has a point. You knew this guy for a week and because you think he was the only gay on the planet you immediately had to have him."

"Right... Gosh, I'm an idiot." I slapped my forehead. "Ow."

"I think that slap was unneeded." Mike said.

"Shutup. It was for effect." I retorted.

"Okay your majesty." Mike replied with a smile.

"You're enjoying this too much." I laughed in pain.

"Yes, and no." Gabe interjected again. "It's like watching real life Punch and Judy Show."

"Oh gosh wow that made me feel old." I laughed again. In pain. "But I know what I have to do."

"You're going to break up with him." Mike rushed out with a huge grin.

"Yes." I said coldly with a glare. "But only because Gabe made me realize I'm not alone. And there is no need to rush love. I don't need a man to define me before I haven't even defined myself."

"That was deep." Gabe said while Mike was nodding in agreement.

"I may be young but I'm not totally dumb." I said while looking in the distance.

"This coming from the guy who just dry humped an eighty year old last night." Gabe said matter of factly.

"Okay who wants more coffee?" I said quickly while getting up.

I'm never drinking again.

Just kidding.