Chapter 9: The Boys

• Dedicated to To my bro's <3

"Whoa-oh-oh-oh-oh"

"It's always a good time"

"Whoa-oh-oh-oh-oh"

My eyes flickered open as Carly Rae Jepsen and Owl City screamed sang through my phone. My theory on alarms is if you wake up to a pleasant song your day will be much better. Versus getting mentally punched in the brain by an ERR ERR ERR ERR.

The warm summer light was shimmering through my window guided into my baby blue bedroom by the open shades. I pulled chord to let the light shine through and help me wake up even more. I turned off my alarm and arranged myself into a sitting position on my pillow and stuffed animal smothered bed. Since I sleep alone I love to cuddle with stuffed animals and pillows even though I am 19. I feel less alone when I can look over to my favorite pillow pet Romeo.

"Good you're awake." My mother said as she opened my door.

"MOM. What have I told you before about knocking!" I yelled as I through a blanket over my lap.

"It's not like I haven't seen one before Sam." She replied nonchalantly.

"I don't care mother. I am your son-"

"Exactly," She said cutting me off. "What are you going to do today to be productive?"

"I don't know!" I said falling back onto my bed. "OUCH" Thud went the wall as I hit my head. My perfect wake up just went from bad to worse. I hate it when she does this.

"Get dressed because breakfast is ready. And you should check up on those jobs in town. You know they will only be available for so long before some that is more adamant than you gets them." She was saying this as she was walking down the hallway. Expecting me to hear every word and like always I do.

Today was gonna be a long day.

A few hours later I was on the road and heading to town. The last place I want to be. For those of you who do not know I live in the country. The closest neighbor a mile away and town was a 20min drive. Not fun, very lonely, and to add the worst of it to the list we have no wi-fi or cable. Not fun and very lonely. In fact growing up my best friends were the farm animals. We still had some of them if they weren't butchered and now residing the deep freeze. I know, I know how sick? Well, you get used to it. The life of a farmer is not how I want to live, but if that zombie apocalypse came along I would like to think I would fare well.

I pulled into my friend Mopey's driveway. Yes, his nickname is Mopey, not his real name. I was getting out of my car as I noticed my friend James was running up to me and before I knew it I was embraced in a mini bear hug while Mopey was lighting a cigarette for me.

James is half Filipino and half white. He wore glasses that fit him nicely on his olive toned skin and his hair was always on the go with that messy, sexy, wiry, black, hair. I loved his hair and his 5'6", slim, muscular, stature. He was full of useless knowledge, witty sayings, and liked being right.

Mopey was 5'7", Caucasian, and is also muscular. Just not thin like James, but more of a stocky build. He has brown, beach boy, hair. And he liked to wear tee shirts, jeans, and a blazer. In other words he was a complete boy and is charismatically attractive.

These guys were my best friends and we went on a lot of adventures when we weren't busy on our computers. And for you girls we didn't just play video games and lots of food. We also talked about things that were important to us. Like our dreams, passions, and things that upset us, while we were eating.

I brought the Marlboro Red up to my mouth and started to inhale.

"What happened to you last night? We heard something ridiculous from Shane that sounded absolutely ridiculous, but I wouldn't put it past you to freak out over a boy." James said while peering over his glasses. He knew I was a drama queen at times.

"You tell me what happened and I will tell you if it's true." I said while exhaling.

"You attempted to beat up a tree because Alex was being a douche. Passed out on Anthony's bed and Shane got pulled over because you guys were late on your curfew." Mopey replied lighting up another one. Did I mention he loved his smokes?

"That sounds exactly right!" I exclaimed, "And Alex wasn't being a douche he was defining the word dick." I corrected Mopey.

"That sucks dude." James said. "And this is that moment where I am glad I am not gay."

"Because at times you do wish you were?" I questioned.

"No pregnancy scares, you can have sex with as many men as you want because slut for us is a brownie points, awesome fashion sense, and women love you. Oh and you guys can drink those fruity drinks that we love because you ARE gay." The words spilled out of his mouth as if he has been waiting to say that.

"Spend a lot of time thinking about being gay?" Mopey chuckled.

"You have no idea bro, no idea." Ben replied.

"Well, on that note." I said snuffing my cigarette butt out. "Let's head in and figuring out something to do today?"

They replied with a duet of choruses saying yeah, let's go, and I have an idea of what we can do's.

This is why I love my boys. They always know how to make me feel better without wallowing in my pain with me. And I am so not checking on those job apps today Ma. I have better things to do I thought while closing the door.

"Well boys let's find an adventure to do today while we're still young." I said with a smile.