Chapter 44: The Lion and the Lamb Pt. II

• Dedicated to To my readers, because you made me believe in humanity again.

An onyx colored sky dotted with pearl lights shined over head as we made our way to a local café. I couldn't help but not be infatuated by the way he walked. So masculine but yet like he was shy. He held his head a little low and I caught him look at me, but I quick turned my head the other way. I didn't want him to know I was falling in love with him. Well, I shouldn't say fall, but sky dive straight into his brilliant smile.

I turned back to look at him and caught him turn his head the other way quickly. I guess he must be feeling the same way too. I can't believe this was happening. My heart was soaring; my head was floating on air.

The café was empty and he held the door open for me, as we approached the aromatic lounge.

"Thanks Merkley." I said sweetly.

"You're welcome." He coughed out.

Oh gosh, do I smell? Do I have bad breath?

I brought my arm up to my mouth, pretending I was about to cough, but I quickly breathed into my hand.

Nope. No bad breath. Must be my body odor...

................ Merkley's Point of View . ...............

This guy is absolutely gorgeous. I can't explain what I'm feeling. Well, I guess I can... kind of.

The way he talks is like sugar drops in every sentence, how he carries himself is like a beacon. He's a light of innocence. And not to mention the way he smells.

I shouldn't think that. That's really creepy.

But seriously, he's the sweetest person I ever met. It's like he's a candy shop of every possible flavor. I just want to keep him forever. I don't want to see him cry, I don't him to ever feel pain.

Sam brought his arm up to his face. Do I smell?

I started to stretch pretending I had a kink in my back. I quickly looked at Sam to see if he was looking, but he was busy looking at the menu. I quick sniffed my armpit to see if I had any body odor.

Nope. I smell fine. Maybe bad breath?

I pretended to yawn into my hands and there it is!

FUCK. I don't have any breath mints. I'll just talk really quiet til we get our coffee.

"Hey, are you gonna get anything?" Sam chirped.

Ugh, the way he talks is even so sweet. It's not like girly like most gays, but not quite masculine. He could seriously be an angel sent from heaven.

"Uhm, yeah." I said really quietly turning my head towards the other direction of his face. I don't want him to smell my breath...

............... Sam's Point of View ...............

Great. Now he's not even looking at me. Must be something on my face.

I pulled my iPhone and pretended I was checking my Facebook as he was looking for whatever he was looking for.

My camera turned up and I turned the view so it was facing me.

DAMMIT. There's something in my teeth!! How long has that been there!?!

Well, I can't go to the bathroom, or he's gonna think I'm forcing him to pay. And I can't tell I'm going to the bathroom. I can't open my mouth... Hmm...

I tried to get it out with my tongue and I caught him looking at me.

FUCK. Now he's gonna think I'm a complete weirdo!! UGH!

Looking into my camera again and double checking to see if he was looking me....

He's not.

I quick took my finger and dug it out.