Chapter 37: King of Thieves

Run.

Run as far as you can, I thought to myself.

Where to?

As far as your feet can take you.

You, the reader, may be a bit confused to what is going on. Well, let me tell you what is going on.

My friends and I began this bad habit called shoplifting. And I, Sam, have it bad. This week I’ve stolen clothing, food, Monster Energy drinks, cologne, ect. Enough stuff to place me at a whopping two grand this week.

Am I proud of this accomplishment? HELL YEAH. Do my parents and best friends know about this? HELL NO. Will I tell? Probably if I feel guilty enough, but til then I will just do what I want.

Now your next question would be what caused me to be so stupid to pick up this bad habit. My friend James talked me into it. He had the floor plan and everything, and since I look pretty damn innocent I can get away with anything. Just flash my pearly whites, strut my stuff, and buy some chapstick for a cover; bam free stuff.

The worst is I feel like this is a bonding experience for all of us. I finally feel accepted in this misfit group of people. It’s like we were in our own club and we were living off of snacks and Monsters. It’s the life and I don’t want it to end. If we were hungry we drove to the store. If we needed money, we sold the stuff we stole. Sunglasses, energy drinks, and snacks. All of it was replaceable and we don’t need to worry about running out. Because America supplied us with the product, without even knowing.

I don’t need a job if I can just steal and it feels great.

I flashed the greeter a smile as I made an exit out with my friend Hanna. We were holding hands and laughing. But before we passed through the security gate we gripped each other’s hands preparing for the alarm to go on. And as we passed through its silence was golden. We cheered as we exited the doors and ran for the car, acting like we were the happiest couple ever.

We were though, because we just stole a shit ton of stuff. We got in the back seat and kissed. Then we put on each other’s hand our newly stolen promise rings.

“What the hell is that.” James said sternly to us.

“The plan was to get food, and some more sunglasses. Not some damn rings.”

“Oh, but don’t you love them?” Hanna flashed her ring finger in his face, batting her eyelashes.

“Yeah!” I said flashing my hand in his other eye. “The grand total for these two are $350.”

“You’re gonna get us caught if you keep doing that.” James said coldly. Clearly, not thrilled by my latest achievement.

“Oh, but I’m invincible. They would of caught my after I got that entire outfit from Banana Republic.” I said proudly, brushing off the invisible dust on my shoulder.

“Don’t be cocky.” Hanna nudged me with her elbow.

“Shane slow down!” James yelled.

“WHOOOO!!!” Shane whooped. “I LOVE LIFE BITCHES!!”

Hanna and I stuck our heads out the sunroof and cheered with him. This summer was the best summer ever and I don’t want it to end.

James lit up a Marlboro Red and began inhaling with deep breaths. He was clearly stressing out.

“Honey. Sweetie. Calm down. We are having fun and quit shitting on us with your worries. It’s another victory so celebrate with us.” Hanna took the cigarette out of his mouth and took a hit. She then leaned over and blew the smoke in my mouth.

For a girl she was fucking hot. I loved her. And I was loving the high she gave me.

James took his cigarette and shook his head with shame at us.

“You guys are both complete sluts.” He said with a smirk.

“Awe you just jealous you can’t get in.” I said putting my arm around her and let her cuddle up against me.

I will admit we make a cute couple. Her small pixie cut figure against my lean sapling adolescent masculine body. Perfect for the innocent, young, and in love couple.

Shane ripped around another corner and parked in front of Mopey’s house.

“YEAH. Let’s get this party started!” Shane punched the gear into park.

We all got out of the car laughing and congratulating each other on another victory.

Mopey came out with a huge grin.

“What’d you guys get this time? I got pizza in the oven.” He said with his eager attractive boyish voice.

“Well, baby we got stuff.” I said leaning into his arms.

We have this thing where we pretend where we are gay couple. But I think he only does it because Hanna finds it adorable.

And how this boy wants Hanna reminds me of a dog in trying to fuck a bitch in heat.

“What kind of stuff?” He whispered into my ear.

“SLUTS ONE, TWO, AND THREE. GET YOUR ASSES IN GEAR AND HELP.” James yelled indignantly.

“Stuff.” I winked at Mopey and pulled away.

We grabbed all the stuff and headed for Mopey’s room.

Jackie was waiting on his bed where Hanna plopped on one side and I sat in the middle.

You can kind of say I’m the queen bee. Jackie, Hanna, and I were the unorthodox three muskateers. And you don’t mess with us. We will either make sure you have a social life, or make you want to transfer.

Don’t believe me? Think I’m exaggerating? Try this on. I’m a gaysian (I know all gossip and a computer is my friend), Jackie’s a bitch, and Hanna probably fucked your boyfriend.

Don’t mess with us.

“Hey babe.” Jackie looked up from her laptop. “Get anything good?”

“Just some candy.” I said handing her a bag of assorted candies.

“Good deal.” She took the bag and cracked it open.

“Anything new online?” I asked peeking at her laptop.

“Cat is being a bitch again.” She said showing me a conversation.

“Damn, this girl needs help.” I said showing it to Hanna.

“She thinks you’re straight and wants to have your babies.” Hanna said slowly.

We all looked at her.

“ I think you know what we need to do.” I said.

“Get you a boyfriend?” Jackie asked.

“Mopey, James, Shane?” I said calling them.

“What?” They said in unison.

“Cat’s being Cat. Wanna help me out with something.” I kind of demanded.

“Not really.” Mopey answered for the guys.

“ I said wanna HELP me with something.” I said again.

“Yes, we love helping you. What do you want.” James answered.

I smiled.

This is gonna be fun.