My condition had been getting worse. I felt cold almost all the time, the dizziness was increasing and I was unable to keep any food down not to mention that I often coughed out blood and got nose bleeds.

Mike had told me that my symptoms had been getting worse and that it was time to start telling everyone about my coming death, but with the wedding coming up I didn't want to be the one to ruin everyone happiness.

I grabbed the wall for support as it got a bit difficult to breathe, but it passed in a while.

I was going to my room when I heard soft sobs coming from the staircase.

I followed the sound, concerned about who was crying.

As I turned the corner in my line of vision sat Keisha. She held onto a white dress as she cried.

"Hey.." I said softly. "Is everything okay?"

"Does it look okay?" She said in an equally soft voice and she let go of the dress she was holding.

I saw a beautiful white wedding dress that would befit a queen fall on to the floor, however, it was marred by stains of blood everywhere. The way it was smeared, it couldn't even be fixed.

"This is the fifth dress I picked out for my wedding.." She said.

I really felt bad for her because her wedding was scheduled near Lindsay's.

"Have you tried to find out who is doing this?" I asked.

"Does it matter?" She looked up at me with her big eyes looking so unhappy.

"I suppose you're right."

There really were bigger things to worry about like the coming war than someone ruining her dress.

"At this rate I'll have no dress to wear at my own wedding."

I could feel her pain. I had gone through so many dresses to find the one perfect dress and yet she had to go through that process again and again.

Instantly an idea came to my mind.

"Keisha, follow me." Surprisingly she did as asked without being rude about it.

I had decided what to do. I would do it for David and because I wanted to. It was heartbreaking to see another human this way and I wanted to help her be happy again. I had caused enough suffering to her.

I went into my room, opened my closet, took out the untouched wedding dress I had bought and held it out.

"You can take mine. It's unused and one of a kind."

She seemed a bit shell shocked.  "W-what? You're giving it to me?"

"Yes I am."

"Why?"

How was I supposed to answer that? Because I'll never marry another? Because I'll never love another? Because I won't live to see the day? Because I'm dying and I want to do good things for others?

I settled for something less dramatic. "I just don't need it anymore."

I shrugged and handed it to her.

She jumped and hugged me "thank you thank you thank you so much! It's perfect. I'll ask David to pay you the cost of the dress."

"That's not necessary."

"Are you sure?" She said excitedly jumping up and down.

I nodded and she hugged me so tight.

She left the room in a rush. No doubt to try on the dress... That's when it really hit me and a tear or two may have dropped down.