Chapitre 45

Silver POV:

I looked back to see who cut me short on my meal and saw two pissed off brothers of mine. Even though you couldn't really tell Seth was pissed from his blank expression, it was still clear in his eyes. Seth took a few steps towards the lying Daniel and threw him over his shoulder before leaving without a word. He was more then pissed then I guess. Sigh..
I looked over my back to see Chuck hold a more angry expression before he shook his head in disapprouval.

-Silver Rose Slade, we'll need to talk. But beofre that wash yourself. You know I can't handle the sight of blood. I nodded and went to take a shower.

Chuck, being born a human had a bit of struggle with his vampire instincts. As they weren't really a part of him, he had a hard time taming them. But it got better, eventually. Maybe a few hundred years more and he'll be as good as .. me?

With the last events, I'm not sure I can be an exemple of self control anymore...
That thought made me frown. What happened? First Riley, now Daniel. Maybe I'm in heat or something?

Idioit, you can't be in heat. It applyes only to warm bodied animals.

What is it then? I cried, for Hell's sake! No vampire ever cried! We have no damn amphaty!
Maybe I starved myself too long? But I ate from Riley not that long ago..

Something's wrong with my instincts?! With me?

I quickly finished to change and joined my brothers in the living room. As much as I didn't want to face them now, I wanted to know what's wrong with me.

I joined them in the living room where they were snapping channels randomly. Not really interested in what's going on on the screen. I circled the couch and sat down patientely waiting for them to aknowledge me.

After ten other minutes Seth finally turned the TV off and looked at me. His face was the perfect exemple of a 'why-the-f*ck-am-I-here' look while his eyes held the flames of hell promising you a long and painfull death.

A usual thing for him.

Chuck looked plain bored, his expression still held more life in it than any of us though.

-Killing your mate then. Seth was the first to disturb the silence. I just stared at him not really wanting to argue. Somehow I managed to go back to my usual calm self. Maybe it's because Daniel is knocked out?

-You'll be joining his pack to learn to love him. I wanted to protest but thought against it. Nobody protests against him. I want to see how it all ends. Chuck will keep an eye on you while I'll... You don't need to know. If really you can't handle the mate bond I'll cut it without questionning. Deal? He extended his hand diplomatically. I thougt about that. He'll have what he wants anyway so at least I can have some garantee.
I shook his hand while Chuck just nodded at us.

-I want you to make efforts to accept him. I need you to be with him. If I see that you're forcing yourself against it I'll call the deal off. He gave me an intense look like saying 'don't you try to fool me'. And I knew not to. The burning sensation of the contract started to creep up my arm crawling into my skin my next word:

-Promise.

At that moment Daniel walked in the room, warely studying each of us.

-You ok? Chuck asked him with a warm smile. He is always the one in charge for the social part because he is more 'friendly' than us. I'm sorry about that incident. She cakmed down now. I watched Daniel stand uncomfortably infront of us which is unusual for a wolf. An alpha on top of it.
What's with his sudden loss of confidence?