Chapitre 17

Silver's POV:

Picking Sam on her offer, I've been hanging out with the little group for almost three weeks and I grew somewhat accustumed being around humans. The little group as in Sam, Chloe (her friend and now mine too), Riley, Derek (his friend and teammate who has a thing for Sam by the way) and Talon (one of Riley's teamates too). Of course hanging with Sam supposed to encounter her brother and his wolf friends. I'm still not accepting the fact that I have a mate. Let's say I'm a little bit .. conflicted about this information. I'll ask my brother once he comes back.

Strangly, everytime I'm near the soon-to-be alpha I feel my blood become warmer and rush hurredly through my veins. Which has the affect to make me want to kiss him or maybe bite him. Something's telling me that Sam wouldn't appreciate if I dry her brother off his blood though. I was avoiding him most of the time meanwhile this one always tried to get near me. Can't he see I'm trying to save his life? Why though..?

And I feel uncomfortable around him. It's not normal, I don't care generally about poeple around me, but Daniel awakes all of my senses. Maybe it's the mate bond's doing? No, there is no mate bond!

I have to stay away from him. Yet I don't want to.

On the other hand there is Riley! He is so nice ang gentle and open. I've never met people that don't try to hide what they feel or think, don't play games or pretend. It is so... refreshing. Yes, he makes me feel at ease.

Wednesday I invited Sam to stay over in my house again. I think she is the first wolf I've ever liked so far. And I don't talk about her taste. Indeed I've never bit her. I became too soft.

I had to go to my piano lesson so Chuck offered to pick her up once she's ready. She eagerly accepted his offer, we all know why, and I headed to my piano session. You ask why I took those? Well I lived for more than a century and I have a lot of time to learn different things. I learned harp, flute, violon, guitare, drums, contrebass and now piano.

After the end of my piano and singing classes I head stright home. Don't want to make Sam wait with Chuck. Even thought she wouldn't mind. Sigh! I got in the living room and spot her on the couch with Chuck. He tells her something and she's staring at him like he's glowing. I don't know what she sees in him. I guess I had him around for too long so I'm used to him and his posh personnality. Well he used to be a ducke so.. Anyway, she's my friend and she came to see ME so she'll have to see ME and only me for today! Call me egoistic, I don't care.

-Hey, can I join? I ask as I make my way over them. Sam nodds not leaving Chuck's sight.

-Of course Sil! Come here. She shows a place between her and Charles.

-Sure, Silver. Chuck says to me while standing up. I have stuff to do anyway. Gotta go check on Setekh first though. He mumbles the last part leaving the room. And Sam turns to face me finally.

-Who's the Setekh guy? She heard that? Ah yes, werewolf senses.

-The oldest of my two brothers. I answer politely. Even though I can relax around her, I need time to warm up. So I keep my stoic expression for now. But she already knows that. We've been friend for more than 6 months.

-You can take off your cold mask jee. I won't tell anyone how silly you really are. She giggles.

-I know. I sigh. Just let me some time to feel at ease. She smiles and pulls on my cheek.

-No biggie, I'm here for the night. She says enthousiasticly. I'd like to be as alive as her, so warm and beautiful.. but I can't. I'm cold and emotionless and will always be.

-Are your brothers staying here? Or .. She asks making me frown.

-If you want to spend some time with Chuck, forget it. You're mine today. I give her a stern look but she laughs it off.

-So you're the possessive type, huh? Riley will be glad! Haha! My face freezes making her laugh again, then she stops abruptedly like remembering something. Talking about Riley!!! He's been asking about you. Why are you avoiding him? Tell me!!! She holds my shoulders shaking them while she talks. I can't help but laugh at her behaivor. For some reason she gasps and looks at me with an awed expression. Did she see my fangs?! It can't be. They only pull out when I want them to, or if I'm angry.. or hungry.. Oh right, my laugh. She saw it from too close, must be enchanted righ now. I hide my smile pulling her out her trans.

-Ok, ok! But we should go to my room. I stand up and give her a hand. Are you maybe hungry? I ask. I know wolves have to eat at least five times a day or they'll feel weak. As for me, I can drink blood anytime as long as I dry off the 8 liters per week. In one set it means death for the victim. This is why I stagger my meals so I don't have to kill the person everytime I eat. But sometime I just happen to kill the person even without the need, you know instints. After the come-in-age ceremony at the 20th moon, you become a full vampire and can last longer the longer you live. It's the day where you recive your gift. Well you always have it in you, but you're finally considered mature enough to be able to use it. Seth can control your feelings and emotions, inflict pain or anxiety just by his thoughts. I can read people's mind, but I'm not very good at it yet. I need a particular environoment to be able to. But with time I'll be able to use it as it pleases. Yes, I'm slightly weak for my age since I was in a slumber for a long long time which explains why I need to eat every day, like a new born.

-Yep. I'd gladly take a bite. Sam grins and I grab some snacks on the way.

We've been chatting in my room about all and nothing. Then she started to question me about Riley. That we only had one date and I shouldn't push him away without giving him a chance. Does that mean not killing him and listen to him first? Maybe..

-Did you talk to each other since that day anyway? I've never seen you two together.. Sam wonders out loud. And I suddenly remember my phone.

-Oh yes, he calls me sometimes and sends lots.. and lots of texts. I take out my phone to show her. I don't know what to say him though. I don't talk much to guys. It's true. I just turn them on to make their blood testier, which doesn't require much words, and then ... well you know.

Sam quickly reads the texts before faking a tear of joy.

-Awww My little girl grew up so quickly! She pulls me in a hug. I'm so happy about you. Even though you wouldn't go out with him yet... Idiot. She whispers the last word, but I still hear it and frown. Kiddin', kiddin'. You just lack experience. Luckely I am here! She laughs and I shake my head. This girl is so lively.

-I am experienced. I just don't know what to do with him.. He caught me off guard.

-Even though I told you he liked you!

-Because you told me he liked me. But it seems more like an obsession. I say with wide eyes. And I feel really bad. Look at those texts he send me and his calls, the words he said .. There is just too much of ... affection? How do I handle it? She laughs at me and shakes her head with a sigh.

-You don't have to handle it, but appreciate it, dummy. That's all he wants: you to accept his feelings and maybe feel the same way one day. Though Riley is not the kind of guy who would pressure you. But I know that he hopes you will return his feelings. I saw how he looks at you. She smiles at me and pats my head but I shake it off with a glare. I'm not one of her dogs.