Chapitre 34

Silver's POV

I jerked up from my bad remembering what happened yesterday.
I could still feel Riley's blood, warmth and energy inside my body. I remember when I drank from him: his thoughts and feelings filling me through his blood. Shock, fear, anger for not telling him and strong pain. But then, slowly it vanished as something bright and warm replaced it.
His actual feelings.
The same I saw when I touched him in the canteen.
It was pure love and forgiveness for whatever I could have done. He didn't care what I was doing to him, as long as it was me. I never thought that it could be possible, such a strong love for someone else.

It was sheer love and I killed it.
I sure am a monster.

-You're awake.. finally! Chuck says entering my room, not bothering to knock. For a vampire you sure sleep a lot. Anyway, you'll have some explanation to do. He says loosing his diplomatic filter that he puts for humans. His stare is as cold as my heart. Yet I don't care, he doesn't scare me. He's not even immortal.

-I have nothing to explain.. not to you. I answer flatly. We don't have proper emotions, but it doesn't mean we can't be ironic or sarcastic or.. even have an attitude.
Well at elast, I used not to have emotions..

-You told a human what you .. WE are. So I'm concerned just as well, don't you think? He looks at me with narrowed eyes and I glare at him.

-First of all, YOU are not the same as US. Second, I'm pretty sure you just burried the only human who knew about US. I say bitterly. It's the first time I'm upset and it surprised Chuck too to hear me talk with something more then just 'I don't give a poop about live' im my voice.

-Whatever. There is still something happening with you and I don't want it to ruin everything and have all the reproaches on my back even though I did all I was told to do... He strated to rumble and I cut the volume.

Sam and the others think that Chuck is cool and a badass when in reality he is not.. He's veeeery emotional for a vampire, I guess it has something to do with his origins.
Where me and Seth are purbloods, Chuck used to be human. That is the reason he has feelings though vampires don't need them. But above all he always complains and whines about life and is just a wuss.
Some things just have to be told at some point...

-Anyway, there is still this Daniel problem you told me about. So prepare your toy.. I mean boy for a meeting. We'll have to discuss with him what the hell is happening with you. I mean you.. .. you... well... I'm not sure but .. I started to feel nouseous from his eternal blablabla.

-I cried! Ok? I just cried, no need to make an Armagedon out of it. I spat at him and he stiffened for a second bafore relaxing. Yeah he hates to admit that, but he's afraid of me. I can kill him anytime, when he can't do anything to me.

-Even I don't cry. And I used to be human. So if something's happening with you we need to know. He shuts the door and I exhale the air I was unconcioussly keeping in.

We didn't have any contact with my big brother for the past eight months. I wasn't really worried about him though. It's not the first time we're apart. And it used to be for way more than just a few months. It could be 67 years or even centuries. But we alway can gather together at our home.

Our home is the castle in the depths of Siberia. Only one train per day and a week-long journey. No wonder it's almost impossible to reach. Though Sethekh isn't really bothered since he can get there .. more easely.
It'll be trouble when he'll meet Daniel, since he's my mate and we don't have mates.

Oh dear, I forgot all about him! I bet he suffered hell yesterday!

Since we're soulmates, he'll suffer everytime I'm with another man, and it's the same for me. That's the reason I had a headache the time I didn't come to school, he was screwing around with different girls.