Chapitre 1

Daniel's POV:

I feel the wind stroke fiercely through my furr showing the high speed I run with through the forest, in the shape of a giant black wolf. The bright moon leading my way as I was looking for something, I don't really know what. Suddenly a rustle-like noise made me stop. I inspect my surroundings not seeing anything suspicious.

While studying the darkness a swift gleam caught my eyes. My understanding on what it was came too late, the silver flesh hit me right in the heart without me even realising it. Strangely enough instead of feeling pain I felt an ecstatic pleasure as the silver metal melted, making its way through my veins deliciously slowly. But the delightful feeling soon died, replaced by a burning unbearable pain ...

I jerked up from my pillow making a damage control of my body. I was breathing heavily but was relieved to see that no flesh cut my chest.

It was just a dream. Of course! Just a dream! Silver can't do me any harm. I am a lycan after all.

I shook my head before checking the time: 5 in the morning. I get up anyway, not really wanting to go back to that dream, and take a cold shower. My body was burning so I wanted, no needed, to cool down.

Now that I'm awake may as well study a bit. Yep, being the golden boy has its price and I'm willing to pay it.

After a while in my books I hear someone open my door. Samantha, my little sister, gives me a sheepish smile before entering my room. I knew right away she's here to ask for a favor.

My sister and I have both dark hair and clear bleu, almost grey, eyes. We are both very tall, with me going far over 6 inches and her 5'7 and with facial features pretty much similar. Mine being more manly of course, but you could still see we are related.

-Hey bro, can I ask you something?

-Yeah..? My voice held caution at what will follow. 

-There is that new kid in our class this year and she was not very social in the beginning. But lately I started to warm up to her and turns out she is very cool. She paused with a smile.

-Sooooo? I narrow my eyes a little more.

-Soooo I invited her over this week end but.. since it's the first time she's coming I thought that you could maybe leave the house for us to be at ease, maybe...?

-You're ashamed of me?I feigned hurt. Successfully, judging by the panic on her face.

-NO! You know it's not true! There is nothing I'm more proud of than you!! Her statement makes me grin with contentement.

-I know, just teasing. I winked at her. Fine, I'll leave you alone for tonight so she doesn't need to be shy. I'll just bother Paul I guess. I muse out loud. I'm not really bothering him, he is willing to let me in any time and the other way around. He is my futur Beta for a reason.

-Thanks, Daan! Sam hugs me while smiling widely.

-But don't go overboard! Mom and dad aren't here for the weekend either, so if ever there is a problem... She cuts me

-No, no, no problems! She's as sweet as candy! You'll definitely love her when you meet her!! But that'll have to wait. I don't want her to go all Wendy! She wrinkled her nose remembering her ex friend's behaviour and so did I.

I bet you are wondering who is Wendy...

Well first of all my sister is one year younger than me. Since the age gap is not that big we used to have commun friends. But the more it went the more it was difficult. Girls would start hang out with my sister just to get closer to me, and boys would try to befriend me to be with my sister (well we have quite good genes, can't help it). That's when happened «Wendy incident». I hate badmothing people but this girl has some psychotic issues that she needs to take care of.

First of all, she was following me and my sister around every goddamn day. Then somehow she manipulated my sister (nearly threatening her) to invite her for a sleepover.

That was the most horrid weekend of my life! And I met trolls, mind you! Back to the topic.

The Wendy girl would take like ten million photo's of me eating, dressing, sitting on the couch,... peeing! PEEING ! ! It shouldn't have came as a surprise when I woke up with her lying in my freaking bed. But it was still scary! I mean she could have damn killed me in my sleep for all I know.

God, it left me traumatized. I've been locking my door at nights for the next few months. And I'm a goddamn alpha!! Not to mention I changed all my sheets, burning the old ones... Paranoid? Well, given her behaviour I wouldn't be surprised if she had rabies.

That's when we decided that we would only hang around together with friends we really trust and then again not date anyone in the group. I won't date her friends, she won't date mine.

This is why Sam asked me to go out for the night this weekend, so that she can be at ease with her new friend and make some bounds with her before introducing us. Yep, I'm just that hot!

I guess I may as well call Paul so we can hang together in the pack house or something..

-What time are you leaving, Dan?! Sam yelled from her room

-Around 6 p.m. I yelled back from my bed, and heard her repeating it on the phone. Then a piercing yell added from downstairs:

-Stop yelling in my house! Your rooms are just across one from another, for Lord's sake! Our mother cursed at us making both of us chuckle in our respective rooms.