Chapitre 35

Daniel's POV:

This is definetly the worst weekend ever! I already had this kind of pain before, but it was never THAT bad!

Every f****** part of my body is aching. I can't even get up from my bed.. since Wednesday. I need a shower but can't move an inch for my fever makes my body ache.
What the hell happened to me?

I got home after training. Everything felt fine. I took a shower and was studying, everything still being fine. Then around 9 o'clock I felt that sly headache and my chest clenched and then suddenly...

BAM!!

I fell on the floor because the pain was unbearable. It felt like million and billion of swords went back and forth, harder and harder through chest. Somehow I managed to reach my bed and .. I don't remember when I fell inconcious.
But I hell like suffered for at least half an hour again and again. It reminded me of my first wolf transformation but damn even that wasn't that harsh!

I could barely breath.

Thanks god my parents aren't home for the week! I wouldn't know what to tell them. Though Sam will get back soon enough and if she sees me in that state...
Okey Dany, now move your ass! I try to get up but fail. My head pounds and crashs back into the pillow. My eyes are heavy and I fall asleep.
Damn I feel so numb because of all that pain. I hate myself for being so weak.
What's happening?

Samantha's POV:

-Daaaaaaaan! I'm home! I shout as loud as I can to make sure he heard. But when normally he would scream back at me something like «Stop with the whale's mating call, would you?! I'm soo jealous of deaf people right now!». Instead, I was met with silence. So I try again.
-Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan! I scream even louder, with the strenght of my wolf lungs. Still nothing.. Humm maybe he left? I make my way to his room only to see him spread on his bed. I feel worry gaining me when I come near and see him pale and cold as a corps, glowing from sweat.

-Big bro? This time it's more like a whisper. I shake his body to wake him up, but nothing. Only a heavy and shaking breath comes throught his sligtly parted lips. I touch his forhead and it's a total contrast with the rest of his body: burning like fire. What the..? I run quickly downstaires and call the pack's doctor and right after our parents.

An hour later I hear mom and dad get in to the house and run up staires to talk to the doctor.

-As I already told Samantha, he'll be alright. It's just a very violent fever and he'll be weak for some time.

-But why? Mom asks the doctor, with now wet eyes. We are never sick. He can't be that sick without a reason. He's a wolf after all. Is it some sorcerely? Or or..

- I can only imagine what could put him in this state, Misses Wilsson. Doctor answers with a sorrow expression. I don't see any magic or poison or anything. ..

My dad, the alpha of our pack, furrows his eyebrows as in thoughts. After a moment of silence he finally sighs.

-Could it be... a mate link that put him in this state? He wonders out loud. My eyes widen in shock.

-Isn't the mate link supposed to make you feel complete and stronger? Why is he suffering? I ask my dad. He smiles sadly and the doctor says in his place.

-That's only the case when you're reunite with your mate. But it's a plausible argument. Thedoctor pounders. If he found his mate but she doesn't know it or doesn't want him and is maybe with someone else, then that would explain Daniel's pain.

-It's a very strong link, dear. It's a link of two souls, the most powerful and pure thing a living being can have. A link between two pure essences. The more powerful is the creature, the stronger is his soul and although the link.
We are pure wolves, so our souls are one of the most strong energies out there. So guessing from his state, as he didn't mate with his supposed one yet.. It can only mean that his mate is an even stronger creature. Dad swallows and looks seriosly at me, my mom, the doctor and back at me. I hear the doctor and my mom gasp in realisation.

-Honey, don't tell me you think..

-It's not possible, Alpha. Your son can't be mated to ..

-What? What are you talking about. I look at them and they all look back at me with pale faces. What can you all be that afraid of? We are the most powerful pack in the whole word. Even fairies aren't that powerful. What can possibly harm my brother?

-A royal pureblood vampire... My dad whispers and they all look even more terrified when they hear it out loud.

-There is no way he could have met a pureblood vampire here without us knowing about it's presence. Or is there? Dad wonders out loud.

-I've never met one before in my life. The doctor says with fear and admiration clear in his voice. It's a very rare creature. There are only three of them.. Legends. I wonder what is it like!

-Me neither, but I heard a lot about them.. Cruel, merciless, emotionless, sheer stenght and overwhelming power. Cruel once again. My dad sounds dejected.

-Heaven's beauty and hell's behavior. Doc adds trying to hold his excitement.

-The children of the Devil him self. My mother whisperes. The most feared creature .. She trys to hide a sob but doesn't manage. Why did it have to be my son? And she starts crying like a madwoman. My dad gets near her to take her in his arms.

-Don't worry darling. We just have to find his mate, maybe it's not that bad? Those are only legends.. Shuuush hon. If he is mated with someone like that it only means that he is strong enought to handle it.

-Yes madame. Even if she's a vampire she is still his mate. She is supposed to feel the same way as him .. no? He looks at my dad hopefully and so do I. I don't really understand the situation, but I heard about the vampires' royal family.. And it's not very pleasent.

-They are said to have the out-of-this-word feauters and the most dark nature. My dad answers the doctor. No fear, no mercy and no...

- feelings. I end his sentence and my mom cryes even harder. Who the hell mated my brother with such a creature? I was so mad right now. How can someone without feelings be mated at all? It can kill my brother!

-He is not gonna die, right dady?I ask him kneeling next to my both parents. Please, please tell me no. I plead him. I was told that the mate link is very strong. Since our childhood our parents wouldn't stop talking to us about it. That we'd better wait for our mate. We'll be happier then. That it's the most nice feeling in the world and that we'll have to cherish it or it can kill us...

-I don't know my sweetie, I don't know. Seeing my Dad, the most powerful alpha, in this desperate state made my blood boil with rage. I jolted up and started yelling.

-I'm gonna fucking find this damn creature and beat the hell out of it! I know I shouldn't curse in front of my parents but right now I didn't care. A witch like that can't possibly pass by without being noticed right? She shouldn't be that hard to find! I'm gonna find that slut and beat the love out of her cold heart, or otherwise rip it out. I was now glaring at my both parents who looked back at me in shock and so was the doctor.

-What? I snap at them. Beautiful as she's told to be I'm sure she'll.. And at that moment my eyes widened in realisation.. stand.. out of the ... crowd. The last part was a mere whisper.
A really rare creature, out-of-this-world looks... beauty, elegance, uneasy presence and powerful aura .. All of it .. I already felt it in the presence of one person. I look at my parents who are looking at me with confusion. I look back at them with wide eyes and say slowly.

-Daniel's mate is... Silver.