2.4

Connor pulled into the parking lot of the laundry mat building, glancing over to his bags of laundry in the passenger seat. He turned off his car, getting out and rushing over to the other side to grab his bags, along with his coins. Struggling, he put the bag of coins into his mouth and grabbed the bags with both hands.

As he made his way towards the door, he groaned loudly when realizing that he had no way of opening the door. Yeah, he could drop one bag but it would be a whole process so instead he kicked the glass door lightly a couple of times to get someone's attention. Luckily, it did.

A girl he recognized from his class opened the door for him. She smiled at him, holding the door open for him as he walked inside. He thanked her with a nod as he rushed over to a washer that was free in the middle of the small building. The bag of coins fell from his mouth as his hands let go of both bags. He took out the laundry detergent that was in one of the bags and set it to the side as he did the process of doing his laundry.

After using two washers for all of his clothes, Connor sighed loudly, his arms feeling sore from carrying those two bags multiple times. He rested his head on top of the washer and closed his eyes, feeling the vibration of the washer which relaxed him.

Suddenly, he felt a tap on his shoulder, making him glance to his side. His eyes caught the girl who opened the door for him. The girl had long brown hair and clear glasses, she had an amazing fashion sense and he saw her photography which was fantastic. "Hey, Connor, right? I'm Orion. Orion Carloto."

"Hi, it's nice to meet you. I've seen your photos in class, they're amazing. You're really talented." Connor said softly, standing up straight, trying not to act like a complete lost and scared boy like how he was feeling inside ever since he left Pennsylvania.

Orion smiled widely, her hands holding each other in front of herself. She swayed her hips from side to side and tilted her head. "Why thank you, that's very kind. You're not so bad yourself. I've seen your photos too and I'm so jealous. I like the ones that you don't share to the class, the ones of that curly haired boy."

"Oh." Connor chuckled, scratching the back of his neck. "Where did you see those?"

Wrapping her hands behind her back, Orion rocked on her heels back and forth. "You left your laptop open when going to the bathroom one day. I guess you were downloading them onto your laptop and I sit behind you so I saw them."

"Ah, I see. Yeah, those are of my boyfriend." Connor said softly, shoving his hands into his jacket pockets. He didn't really know how to just say it so he blurted it out. It wasn't that he was ashamed, it just wasn't normal for him. Calling someone his boyfriend was so weird since he never had one.

Orion ran a hand through her dark hair, glancing around the almost empty laundry mat. "That is so cute, holy shit. But, I was wondering if you wanted to hang out with my group? It's me and two other girls and my boyfriend, Michael. I think you two would get along even more than we are to be honest."

"Um, sure. I would like that. I need to make some more friends while I'm here. When?" Connor replied with a small nod, slowly feeling more comfortable with Orion which was weird since it would usually take him a while to get comfortable with someone.

Taking out her phone, Orion handed it to Connor, mentally telling him to put in his number in the contacts. "I'll text you when since everyone is pretty busy tonight and for this week, including yourself. So, I will let you know when everyone is free and we can all meet somewhere and hang out. Does that sound okay?"