1.4

Troye felt his hands shaking as he walked up to Connor's apartment door. He sucked in a breath when his knuckles his the hard wood. Tapping his foot, he glanced around the quiet hallway and waited for the green eyed boy to answer.

He didn't know why he was so nervous, it was just Connor. This was just a date. It's like every time they have hung out. But, just maybe, they kiss at the end that's what had been sitting in the back of Troye's mind. Would Connor want to kiss? Would he just make the first move?

Shaking away the thoughts, Troye watched as the front door opened which revealed Connor. The older boy had a dark jean jacket and simple colors with black converse. He looked cute, also it was the right outfit to where at the museum they were going to.

"Hi." Connor breathed out, holding onto the side of the door. He pushed a couple strands of light brown hair out of his face as he waited for Troye to greet him.

"Hey. I didn't know if you would want these but there was a stand on the way here so I decided to just get you this small plant." Troye explained, holding up a very small and green plant in a small black pot which had a piece of paper wrapped around it.

"Oh, thank you. It's very adorable." Connor smiled, taking the plant from Troye's hands and reading the piece of paper which said, 'for you' in black letters. He reached his arm to place it on the kitchen counter and then grabbed his camera. "Is it okay if I bring my camera? I want to take pictures of the art if I'm allowed."

"Sure, that's fine." Troye replied as he rocked on the balls of his feet. He glanced around the hallway and then looked back at Connor who was standing awkwardly beside his door. "Why is this so awkward? This literally isn't any different from the other times we hang out."

"Exactly! Maybe because it's called a 'date' and the word has such a big meaning behind it?" Connor suggested, tapping his fingers on his all black camera that hung around his neck. "It's just 'hanging out' but with a different title? Or did you want this to be a date?"

"Well, I was kind of hoping that it would be a date. We can call it whatever you want, though. It doesn't have to be one —" Troye rambled, looking down at his feet which felt like they were stuck to the hard wood. It felt like he couldn't move from embarrassment of thinking that this was a date.

"I want it to be a date." Connor interrupted, making Troye look up with a look of relief on his face which made the green eyed boy smile softly. "I just didn't know if you were asking me on one. I thought that it was just another hangout until I realized that we're going somewhere that's beautiful and such."

"Anyway.. Are you ready to go?" Troye trailed, shoving his hands in his pockets. When Connor nodded, the pale boy sighed happily and watched as the older boy closed the door behind them and they began to walk out of the apartment building.

The two boys began walking, Troye occasionally looking at the phone in his hand which was telling him where to go. Connor would stop them at some points on the way to the museum to take pictures of the buildings and plants which would normally annoy Troye if someone else did that but he didn't mind if it was Connor.

Troye was amazed by the green eyed boy's photography. He remembered when Connor taught him step by step on how he took his pictures, how he would occasionally glance over to Troye to see if he was listening since no one ever did. When Connor noticed that the pale boy was, he would blush slightly.

A while after walking, the two arrived at the museum which was mostly all white on the outside and from what Troye said on the website, it was also all white inside. Just before he knew it, they were both standing in front of a piece of artwork.

Troye looked around the building as Connor took a couple photographs. He suddenly heard a flash near him and turned around, seeing Connor holding his camera in front of his face in the pale boy's direction. "Did you just take a picture of me?"